“Rocky Crest Rocks!”

Ranked #20 of 55 Hotels in Muskoka District
London, Canada
“Rocky Crest Rocks!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Rocky Crest Resort is a hidden gem in the Muskoka's. Located on Hammer Bay, this tranquil resort has everything you need.
Check in was very smooth and the staff cheerful and accommodating.
All the rooms are suites with separate bedrooms, living room, bath and kitchenette. We stayed as a couple but you could easily house your entire family in a queen suite. There was plenty of hot water as the unit has its own hot water heater. The Jacuzzi bathtub was a nice feature. The only drawback to the bathroom was the mildew in the caulking. Otherwise the room was great!

The resort itself is amazing! A little of something for everyone. 2 heated pools, a hot tub, tennis and basketball courts, a beautiful 18 hole golf course. Its on the lake with docks and all sorts of water activities there for the asking. Swimming, kayaking, floatation devices for climbing and diving off of. There are wonderful trails for mountain biking or walking, and pathways throughout the facility for evening strolls. They have 2 fire pits for bonfires.There are 3 different restaurants with a variety of choices for even picky eaters. There is something here for everyone, adults and children alike.

The staff here is exemplary! You need something just ask. The took us on a wonderful tour of the resort, shuttled us around the facility with just a phone call, made reservations for us in the restaurants, drove us up to the golf course all the while cheery, smiling and accommodating. This place definitely won me over!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IamTdot
Jerry F, General Manager at Rocky Crest Golf Resort, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
IamTdot,

We are so very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I think maybe we found our new slogan "Rocky Crest Rocks!" Appreciate the review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Rocky Crest Resort was just amazing. We were there for a friends wedding on the dock and it was quite simply breath taking. The scenery, the food, the service and the accomodations were very nicely done. We had a late night dinner when we arrived. The pulled pork sandwich with jalapenos was stupendous! I also went mountain biking through their trail around Amishaw Lake. It was a great ride, very technical and tough. The bikes are kinda awful but I wasnt expecting much. The fact that they offered it was great! The drive from Toronto was DEAD SIMPLE too!

Room Tip: Have the pulled pork sandwich - you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jerry F, General Manager at Rocky Crest Golf Resort, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Jason O,

The pulled pork sandwich is one of my favourites too! We are very happy to enjoyed your stay with us and that the weather held off for a great wedding. See you soon!
Port Carling, Canada
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Recently stayed at Rocky Crest Resort to celebrate a friend’s birthday. We had amazing weather, beautiful scenery and fantastic service. We utilized many of the recreation activities the resort had to offer; Tennis, Basket Ball, Beach Volley ball, and took a nice long hike on the nature trails. The canoes and Kayaks were a perfect to get out on the water as it was still a little too cold to swim but we did take a dip in the heated pool afterwards. I highly recommend this resort to families, and the golfing community. I don’t personally golf but from the stunning clubhouse we saw I can only imagine the course in just as pristine condition. My favourite part of the resort is the patio overlooking the lake. The food is it die for and you can’t beat the view.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Jerry F, General Manager at Rocky Crest Golf Resort, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Water temperature is rising everyday, maybe time to make another trip up to Rocky Crest for a dip in the lake! Glad you enjoyed your stay.
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I stay here a few times per year. Twice with family and usually once with friends. The staff are incredibly helpful and friendly always. The food is incredible. The best value in Muskoka and you can't beat the amenities and view. Highly recommend. Endless things to do here.

• Stayed June 2013
Jerry F, Manager at Rocky Crest Golf Resort, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thanks for the great review, we always appreciate hearing from our guests.
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My friend and I got a great deal through a social deal site, and we are so glad we purchased it! We checked in on Friday and were there until Sunday, early afternoon (late checkout per our deal). Our room was just a stone's throw distance from the lake. We couldn't have asked for a better view! The rooms were just the right size with a huge bedroom and king bed. There was a small kitchenette with a dining table, sitting area with TV and a solarium as soon as we entered. Others have commented on this site that the rooms were dated, but we loved it and felt it enhanced the charm of the place.
The staff at the restaurant and guest services were extremely friendly and helpful and a pleasure to associate with. The buffet breakfast is something you don't want to miss with an excellent spread of items.
The resort itself was really nice and well maintained. The only thing which needs improvement is the lighting at night on some of the pathways leading to the rooms, which was absent. It was tricky to navigate yourself without proper lighting as we didn't want to slip and fall on the steep areas on the pathway.
I particularly found it difficult to lug the luggage from parking to the room because of the steep pathways. Guest services did offer luggage services but I declined while checking in. I used their services while checking out though and would advise anyone who has their room on the lower part of the resort to use luggage assistance due to the steep areas.
It was a little cool when we were there so we didn't do anything on the lake, but they have paddle boats, canoes, kayaks available as part of the facilities. We wish we could have swam on the lake or gone swimming in the pool..next time for sure!

Room Tip: Room 22 is across the lake and the view is simply amazing
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Jerry F, General Manager at Rocky Crest Golf Resort, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your little getaway to our resort. We are in the process of reapairing our lighting on our pathways but appreciate you bringing this to our attention. See you on your next visit!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I give this place a five star, the staff were friendly and helpful (thanks Chad for helping me with my iPad). The accommodations were excellent. The apartment was well appointed and the beds so so comfortable. The setting is spectacular and although it was cool and rainy, my daughters and I managed to get in a nature walk when the rain stopped and the surroundings are the best that Lake Joseph has to offer. Great Mothers Day weekend! I will definitely return.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room here.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Irish403
Jerry F, General Manager at Rocky Crest Golf Resort, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Irish403,

Very happy to see you enjoyed your Mother's Day weekend. Next time, I will ensure to order better weather for you!
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We arrived mid September in cool drizzly weather. For the $300 plus dollars a night, you'd sort of expect staff to ferry your bags to your cabin while showing you where it was in the inclement weather. Nope, nada, nothin'. All we got was them pointing, "it's over there". OK....

The unit we rented was a two bedroom loft as we were attending a wedding and shared with some other family. The layout of the loft and view of the lake was ok, but the interior and furnishings were average hotel room at best, and the units were like cheap apartment construction. It was barebones at best.

One problem that became apparent was that any noise from downstairs amplified up to the second floor. Don't put anyone with a crying baby down there; it sounded like they were right in our bedroom. Good thing I always bring ear plugs.
When we first arrived in our bedroom, I tried to turn on some lights, half of them were unplugged...the reason? There weren't enough wall plugs for the lamps, phone, TV etc. The phone didn't have a free outlet either. I tried to open the drapes, but they are basically velcroed pieces of cloth, which I just took off to get light. I called to the front desk to see if we could get an extension cord, so I could plug in my cell and netbook. I explained about the lack of outlets and they acted as if they'd never heard of such a problem and told me they didn't have cords. Later, a maintenance man did bring one over and basically told me my problem was having too many gadgets! Ohhh, really??
I'd also enquired at the front desk about pressing my husband's shirt for the wedding. "No, we don't do that. There's an iron in your room." Seriously, for what we paid??

Many of the staff were very good, but seemed to have to bear the brunt of disgruntled customers. The grounds are lovely as is the pool and scenery. The food was fine, but nothing that special. I'm not a complainer and it takes quite a lot for me to give a negative review, but when you're paying five star prices for three stars at best, it irks me big time.

I kept hearing, "well, it's Muskoka." I'm sorry, that's no excuse to rip people off. I wouldn't go here again if I didn't have to. Sorry...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank cocoa3c
Jerry F, Manager at Rocky Crest Golf Resort, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
We are very sorry that you did not enjoy yourself while visiting our resort. I was also disappointed that some our basic services were not delivered to you as they should have been. We have bell services on property and you should not have had to carry your bags to the room, in fact you should not have even had to ask and our front desk team is tested regularly to ensure this question is being asked and I am sorry that we missed asking you.

The outlet comment was a surprise and the first time having that comment, there are 13 electrical outlets in the room but I do know that they are large rooms with many electrical needs. I am sorry that you found that there were not enough.

We are always making improvements to our facility and will take all comments into consideration for our future improvement projects.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.