Rocky Crest Golf Resort
$110
Comfort Inn Huntsville(Huntsville)(Great Value!)
$68
$65
Agoda.com
$142
$80
HIExpress.com
Motel 6 Huntsville(Huntsville)(Great Value!)
$59
TripAdvisor
Hidden Valley Resort(Huntsville)(Great Value!)
$80
Muskey's Landing(Port Severn)
$78
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Touchstone Resort on Lake Muskoka(Bracebridge)(Great Value!)
$174
Pinedale Inn(Gravenhurst)
$95
Travelocity
$46
TripAdvisor
All reviewslake josephsports clubrestaurant staffwater trampolinesmall kitchenettelots of watermaster bedroompaddle boatstennis courtsport carlingbassthis past weekendlounge chairslake viewbeds were very comfortablebreakfast and dinnerhiking trails
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We arrived mid September in cool drizzly weather. For the $300 plus dollars a night, you'd sort of expect staff to ferry your bags to your cabin while showing you where it was in the inclement weather. Nope, nada, nothin'. All we got was them pointing, "it's over there". OK....

The unit we rented was a two bedroom loft as we were attending a wedding and shared with some other family. The layout of the loft and view of the lake was ok, but the interior and furnishings were average hotel room at best, and the units were like cheap apartment construction. It was barebones at best.

One problem that became apparent was that any noise from downstairs amplified up to the second floor. Don't put anyone with a crying baby down there; it sounded like they were right in our bedroom. Good thing I always bring ear plugs.
When we first arrived in our bedroom, I tried to turn on some lights, half of them were unplugged...the reason? There weren't enough wall plugs for the lamps, phone, TV etc. The phone didn't have a free outlet either. I tried to open the drapes, but they are basically velcroed pieces of cloth, which I just took off to get light. I called to the front desk to see if we could get an extension cord, so I could plug in my cell and netbook. I explained about the lack of outlets and they acted as if they'd never heard of such a problem and told me they didn't have cords. Later, a maintenance man did bring one over and basically told me my problem was having too many gadgets! Ohhh, really??
I'd also enquired at the front desk about pressing my husband's shirt for the wedding. "No, we don't do that. There's an iron in your room." Seriously, for what we paid??

Many of the staff were very good, but seemed to have to bear the brunt of disgruntled customers. The grounds are lovely as is the pool and scenery. The food was fine, but nothing that special. I'm not a complainer and it takes quite a lot for me to give a negative review, but when you're paying five star prices for three stars at best, it irks me big time.

I kept hearing, "well, it's Muskoka." I'm sorry, that's no excuse to rip people off. I wouldn't go here again if I didn't have to. Sorry...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank cocoa3c
Jerry F, Manager at Rocky Crest Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

We are very sorry that you did not enjoy yourself while visiting our resort. I was also disappointed that some our basic services were not delivered to you as they should have been. We have bell services on property and you should not have had to carry your bags to the room, in fact you should not have even had to ask and our front desk team is tested regularly to ensure this question is being asked and I am sorry that we missed asking you.

The outlet comment was a surprise and the first time having that comment, there are 13 electrical outlets in the room but I do know that they are large rooms with many electrical needs. I am sorry that you found that there were not enough.

We are always making improvements to our facility and will take all comments into consideration for our future improvement projects.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Family and I had a great time. My girls look forward to coming back to fish in the morning play during the day and cook marshmallows in the fire at night! Wife and I had an active family time weekend.

Food, facilities were good for the whole family. Rooms were comfortable and the mini-kitchen allowed for lots of grazing when we headed back to the room!

We look forward to next summer!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ken F

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us at Rocky Crest Golf Resort. Fishing in the morning and our nightly bonfires are always a hit with the kids for sure. We look forward to seeing you next summer.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Arrived in the AM mid week and stayed for one night. At first thought one might think, thats quite the drive from the GTA. Let me tell you, well worth it. Upon arriving at the resort the staff was very friendly and even though I arrived early was more then accomadating in finding me a room almost immediately. As I brought my luggage to the room I couldn't help but notice the fall colours in and around each building. Upon opening the door to me room I was instantly amazed at the size of the accomadations (and with a loft!). The view was spectacular from the room and it only got better as I made my way into the restaurant and then later down to the main dock.

My intentions were to enjoy lunch and then maybe grab a quick breakfast before tee off the following morning but after being so impressed with lunch I knew I had to stay on the resort for dinner as well, the servers were attentive and the food was phenomenal. I will definitely be making my way back next season to enjoy the grounds and an absolutely beautiful gofl course.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Johnny D

All I can say is "WOW" Thank YOU!!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Was there thanksgiving weekend and were very disappointed by the condition of the rooms..
Couch and dining room chairs were stained, the wood furniture was really scratched ..
Loved the grounds, but would not go back because of the rooms...at$ 200.00 a nite
not worth it....

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dawn e

Thank you for your comments. As we are always trying to improve the property, we are in process of replacing all of our carpets and dining room furniture is on the list of projects as well. We do hope you will come and visit us again.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in mid-September. Rocky Crest is situated on the shores of Lake Joseph. The scenery was stunning. It can be a steep climb from the water up to the rooms, but well worth it just to see the beautiful lake and rocky setting up close. I walked around most of the property and it was equally beautiful and rugged. I had a 1-bedroom suite and, while spacious, it was average at best. The decor was very dated and the room seemed musty. I honestly do not think it has been updated in at least 20 years. Unremarkable at best.I was not overly impressed with the food, either. The menu was stale and predictable. I found the menu descriptions did not necessarily equal what was served. For example, cauliflower soup served at lunch one day was tasteless and was more of a vegetable mush. Other food items were overly salted and/or indistinguishable. Overall, I thought Rocky Crest was okay for a short stay but really needs to improve its menu and room facilities in order to make it a more pleasurable, memorable experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank J_M_S_Toronto

We appreciate your feedback. We are continuously improving the facility and are currently undergoing and complete carpet replacement project that we are very excited for. I reviewed your comments with my Chef so we can take into consideration when creating the menus for next year. Once again, thank you for your comments.