First off, the restaurant and activities staff are amazingly warm and helpful. They go out of their way to make sure you are having a good time. It really makes a huge difference. We were looking for the Armishaw sports club and simply asked Amelia for directions, I guess she saw me walking with my small son and she offered us a ride in her golf cart. It was a small gesture, but one that was very much appreciated and made the staff at Delta Rocky Crest stand out.
The young lady that was handing out marshmallows at the camp fire is super nice too. Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to get her name. She is so attentive, she even noticed when my son was having trouble getting down a step and she immediately jumped in to help him. She was very careful with the little kids too, always concern that my little one would get too close to the fire.
The front desk staff, although helpful and polite, did seem indifferent. We went repeatedly to ask about if our room was ready and all they said was not yet.
The pool and lake view was fantastic! The Armishaw pool was nothing too exciting, I would stick with the one facing the lake. The grounds that this resort is set on is just absolutely gorgeous. We went for the hike and had a great time.
The only thing that made our stay not so pleasant was the fact that housekeeping was very unorganized and slow. We arrived just before 11am, we realize check in was at 4pm, so we waited around, enjoying the amenities, but were hoping to be able to get in by mid afternoon so that our young one can nap inside. We kept checking, and by 4pm, they said our room was still not ready. We insisted on getting a room, and so they gave us a different room from the one that we originally were told about. It was funny that later on, we walked by the room that we were originally told would be ours and the housekeeper was just leaving the room, this was @ 5pm.
The rooms are also not as clean as I would like. You can see a ring of dust around the base of the lamp in the bedroom.
Overall, we had a really good time. We would consider going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled into the outcroppings of the Canadian shield on the shores of sparkling Lake Joseph, Rocky Crest Golf resort is a true Muskoka getaway. A favourite vacation destination for many years, our resort offers comfortable and spacious suites with all the amenities, incredible restaurants, beautiful meeting spaces, access to the fabulous Rocky Crest Golf Club and a whole host of outdoor activities.Whether you are planning a family trip, a golf adventure, a business presentation or just a weekend away with friends, we invite you to come and experience all that we have to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Rocky Crest Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Rocky Crest Hotel Muskoka
- Delta Rocky Crest Muskoka
- Delta Muskoka
- Delta Rocky Crest Resort
- Muskoka Delta
- Rocky Crest Golf Resort Muskoka District, Ontario, Canada