“Excellent Accommodation” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Mount Hope B&B and Inns
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Excellent Accommodation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2010

One couldn't expect a better welcome than that extended by Verena and Bernie Tschan at the Homestead House bed and breakfast. It is a very well appointed establishment with excellent food, and nothing hinders the hosts' efforts to ensure that their guests have everything they need. Located in a peaceful rural area, there is easy access to all the main routes. I would strongly recommend this accommodation to anybody.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Graubünden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2009

Beno and Verena are wonderful hosts, they made us feel as comfortable as you would in your own home. The rooms are quite, very clean and tasteful. The Homestead House is a unique and inviting place that is ideal for any kind of vacation. We recommend the B&B to anyone who wants to spend a wonderful time and benefit from an outstanding service provided by the excellent hosts.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2009

This is a fantastic B&B. Our room was cozy and clean, beautifully decorated. The owners made us feel right at home. We loved our stay and breakfast was absolutely delicious. Could not have asked for anything better. I would recommend anyone to go there. I will definately be back. Thank you so much for your great hospitality:)

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
brantford,ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2009

I was first really impressed at the proximity to Hamilton Airport. I was picked up by Mr Tschan and taken back to the inviting and well maintained Homestead House. I was greeted and taken to my room, which has to be said is one of the best B&B rooms I have ever been in. The room and ensuite were immaculately clean and the bed comfy and very fresh, as were the towels and bedding. The house itself is very welcoming and on waking in the morning I was greeted by the smell of freshly brewed coffee. The breakfasts were second to none with such an amasing choice. Muffins, cereal, bagels, cheese and cold meats as well as preserves. That was just for starters - the cooked breakfasts were delightful with a diffreent hot dish served every morning. I was made to feel completely at home by Mr Tschan and his wonderful wife Verena. They made my stay a really good experience. I would have no hesitation in recommending them to anybody.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2008

This B&B was a perfect place to stay! We were flying out of Hamilton Airport, so it was very convenient since the airport is close by. I was driven there by Bernie, so I didn't have to worry about a cab. The food was amazing! I loved having breakfast on the sundeck, and the dinner we had was a great home-cooked meal. The rooms were very clean and well-kept. Verena and Bernie were such great hosts, and they made me feel at home. I will definitely be back and would recommend it to anyone who will be using the airport, or is visiting the area. All-in-all it was an amazing place to stay!

• Liked — It's convenience and hospitality.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2008

I stayed here recently with my boyfriend and had a wonderful time!
The hosts are warm, and funny, and make you feel at home! I dont think i could have felt more comfortable!
The food was superb, very delicious home cooked meals! mmm!
The hot tub is amazing after a day of hiking!!
Verena and Bernie made our trip very memorable and we cant wait to return!

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2007

The hosts were most accomodateing ,great breakfast. Felt like home.
Jack.

Courtyard Hamilton
#7 of 20 in Hamilton
Visitors Inn
#6 of 20 in Hamilton

Been to Homestead House? Share your experiences!