Super 8 Mt Hope Hamilton Intl Arpt ON
Hamilton Inn(Hamilton)
Visitors Inn(Hamilton)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsinternational airportcontinental breakfastwarplane museumwake up callpleasant stayoff the highwayroom was clean and comfortableplace to stayparking lotmotelhamiltonmuffinscanadacanadianancaster
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 21, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
GMHamSuper8, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Mt Hope Hamilton Intl Arpt ON, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Reviewed December 20, 2012

November 30 we drove to Canada to see my mom who had been hospitalized in London, Ontario...got stuck in a flash snow storm that closed down the 403...after getting off the highway (8:00 on a Friday night) we made our way to Mount Hope and were able to get a room for hubby and I and our spaniel.

The Motel was clean, reasonably priced and offers a continental breakfast.

~~~~~`
Unfortunately in our haste to leave the next morning I dropped my Green Card and as a result it created quite an issue when trying to re-enter the US. We arrived home late on Sunday (Dec 2) and noticed that there were several hang-ups from Motel 8. I called, they had my card and said that it would be mailed to me (and it would be charged to my credit card...yes of course that's fine)

Sadly as of Dec 13 card had not arrived and when I called Super 8 they had neglected to mail it. (making it impossible for me to travel out of the country until I a) received it or b) applied for a new one which would be mean a lengthy wait.)

~~~
The good news is that the card arrived on Dec 18...unfortunately it will be Christmas without my mom :-(

~~~
I want to apologize publicly to Bobbie and staff. I was a nightmare over the phone on Dec 13. Totally inappropriate regardless of the circumstances. I realize that they were in fact doing me a favor by sending me my card which was my responsibility. My apologies. Thanks again for be a port in a literal storm!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
GMHamSuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Mt Hope Hamilton Intl Arpt ON, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Impulsive, Thank you not only for your comments but also for your recognition. I am happy you received your important documents. We look forward to seeing and severing you again when you are in the Hamilton area. Thanks once again, and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
GMHamSuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Mt Hope Hamilton Intl Arpt ON, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Staff were great but I wonder why they always assume people want those terrible drive-up rooms? Doors never work well, can't leave them open for fresh air, can't open the drapes without letting everyone see in, all so you don't have to walk down a hall to your room. Admittedly, we had a dog but if the only rooms available for us were the drive-ups, then they should say so in their profile, just like they say 'no smoking' or 'dogs in smoking rooms only'. It seems too that these drive-ups are on the highway side of the building. In short, what with the guy next door talking beside the adjoining door (another issue) at two a.m., didn't sleep a wink. Asked for a room on the second floor on the quiet side for night number two and it was PERFECT. clean and quiet, slept like a log. I give the place top marks for the second night but the first night was a disaster.

Room Tip: Read the review. If you want a noisy drive-up then this is for you. If you want to sleep, ask for a second floor room on the quiet side of the building. Check first if you have a dog!
Reviewed November 8, 2012