“A bit expensive but okay”

McIntosh Country Inn & Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Morrisburg
Reviewed September 17, 2011

We stayed here after driving from Niagara Falls through the USA and back into Canada. It was late, we were hungry and tired and just wanted a bed for the night. It did the job but was a bit pricey for what it was.

The food in the bar was tasty but also a little over priced. We had chicken wings and pizza with beer.

The room was clean and functional but nothing special.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lizlon

Reviewed August 23, 2011

We stayed here two nights for a wedding and found it to be comfortable and convenient. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, and parking was handy. The decor is a bit gloomy and somewhat oppressive with dark Victorian pastels about in rooms and lobby.
I would recommend the McIntosh Inn for a stopover--while visiting UC Village, e.g.--but not as a destination. Its accommodations are typical AAA motel-style.
Some minor issues:
1. Our attempt to reserve via email from Asia was not handled well. First, the Inn had no record of the wedding party whose name we gave (had them down for 2012 not 2011), and then did not state their rate on our request.
2. There is a coffee-maker in the room, with coffee but no tea, as we discovered after heating the water. Seems a strange omission and not expensive for the establishment to provide.
3. The bathroom was provided with one small bottle of shampoo, but no conditioner. The front desk staff looked, but decided they supplied shampoo only. Because I had assured my wife beforehand that every hotel provides shampoo AND conditioner these days, we made an excursion in the morning to a drug store.
In all, I felt they skimped on some of these touches.

Room Tip: From other reviews, it seems as if the second floor is preferable (where we were).
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I have been to the Mcintosh many times in the past year. I have read the last two travel opinions below mine and find them to be out of norm. I have never seen any bugs or creatures of any kind in this place. The Mcintosh is very clean and the food is exceptional. The Mcintosh also carrys a lot of history and if you look around the Mcintosh there is so much to read about Morrisburg and how it came to be. The Mcintosh which is in a very small town hosts a lot of things a normal hotel in a rural area would not. This is not a big city area and certainly even if it was would give many in a city a run for its money. It is located just off the Hwy and certainly is the best Inn in the area. The staff are exceptional and when asked are quick to find a resolution to any problem that may arise should you have one. The food is just amazing for a rural area Inn. All I can say for the couple in Toronto and New Jersey is that if your looking for a big city hotel with all the gadgets then your not going to get them in a rural area but rest assured that this INN provides more then anyone would want coming off the Hwy or going to see the Upper Canada Playhouse or village. Its a great Inn to stay at.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

Decided to stay in this hotel after reading all the good reviews and 4 star ratings by trip-adviser. Big mistake. I am not kind of person who merely decide whether to stay in a hotel based on on reviews.

When I walked in the hotel from front entrance door, it looked nice. Then desk clerk checked me in and gave room keys saying you will use entrance #4 , that's when we found all the chewing gums on the hall way carpets. Saw stains & chewing gums waste literally everywhere on hallway carpets. Swimming pool was quite dirty with lots of tree leaves and some bugs.

Well, speaking of bugs, I found very big one's on the stairway and some even invisibly bite me and my daughter while we were inside our room.

I wonder how could this hotel qualify for as business center. I would rather compare this place as low class motel and won't give them more than one star preference.

But I liked their service though.

3  Thank Anonymus19
Reviewed August 10, 2011

The staff are surly and poorly trained. Based on their attitudes I have to assume the management is poor and guests get caught in the cross fire. Rooms are very worn and smell old and unused. For those with asthma the lungs feel heavy very quickly. As my brother said "pretend you're camping and at least it doesn't seem as bad'. I travel a lot for both busines and pleasure and this is the worst place I have ever stayed both staff and room wise. Avoid it if you can.

2  Thank SteveandBrenda27
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Used this location as a stop on a drive from Toronto to Nova Scotia. It was simple to find, staff were friendly and informative, and there is a restaurant onsite.

Room was clean and comfortable, nothing fancy, but as needed for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2011

We stayed at the Macintosh Inn for a conference that was held in Morrisburg and our room was booked by our President sight unseeen. We were very comfortable and the desk staff was awesome and so helpful. The restaurant food was GREAT!! Our only complaint was the size of the bathrooms..can hardly change your mind in them but other than that a great stay.. I left some items and they were happy to return them to me with no hassles.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrisburg
Best Western Parkway Inn & Conference Centre
#1 of 5 in Potsdam
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 7 in Massena

Been to McIntosh Country Inn & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!