“Terrible Hallways and Itchy rooms”

McIntosh Country Inn & Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Morrisburg
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Decided to stay in this hotel after reading all the good reviews and 4 star ratings by trip-adviser. Big mistake. I am not kind of person who merely decide whether to stay in a hotel based on on reviews.

When I walked in the hotel from front entrance door, it looked nice. Then desk clerk checked me in and gave room keys saying you will use entrance #4 , that's when we found all the chewing gums on the hall way carpets. Saw stains & chewing gums waste literally everywhere on hallway carpets. Swimming pool was quite dirty with lots of tree leaves and some bugs.

Well, speaking of bugs, I found very big one's on the stairway and some even invisibly bite me and my daughter while we were inside our room.

I wonder how could this hotel qualify for as business center. I would rather compare this place as low class motel and won't give them more than one star preference.

But I liked their service though.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Anonymus19

Reviewed August 10, 2011

The staff are surly and poorly trained. Based on their attitudes I have to assume the management is poor and guests get caught in the cross fire. Rooms are very worn and smell old and unused. For those with asthma the lungs feel heavy very quickly. As my brother said "pretend you're camping and at least it doesn't seem as bad'. I travel a lot for both busines and pleasure and this is the worst place I have ever stayed both staff and room wise. Avoid it if you can.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank SteveandBrenda27
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Used this location as a stop on a drive from Toronto to Nova Scotia. It was simple to find, staff were friendly and informative, and there is a restaurant onsite.

Room was clean and comfortable, nothing fancy, but as needed for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2011

We stayed at the Macintosh Inn for a conference that was held in Morrisburg and our room was booked by our President sight unseeen. We were very comfortable and the desk staff was awesome and so helpful. The restaurant food was GREAT!! Our only complaint was the size of the bathrooms..can hardly change your mind in them but other than that a great stay.. I left some items and they were happy to return them to me with no hassles.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2010

Because we do not like surprises, we usually avoid independent hotels. This was an exception and we were pleased. The room was standard but very clean with everything that the chains provide: wireless internet, a large TV, refrigerator, coffee, etc. In our room there was a vanity outside of the bathroom that was handy with a teenage girl. We had dinner in the dining room and the staff were accommodating to our off-menu requests and polite. The food was adequate and the atmosphere pleasant. We slept VERY well. The beds were fine. There was a pleasant breeze from the window and no highway noise (although the air conditioner, if we had required it, would have been noisy). The hotel is a skip and a jump from Upper Canada Village and for us, it was worth it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2010

This place has so much potential! When we first arrived, it looked great from the outside. The staff was friendly and helpful. We were staying here for a friends wedding, so it was really busy. The room was clean, but needs some serious updating. The bathroom needed to be gutted and re-modelled, the beds were way too soft and didn't offer much support for a good night sleep. The walls seemed very thin, so we could hear everything from both room on either side of us, and from the hall. We didn't have to go to the wedding till the afternoon, so my husband and I spent the morning taking our time getting ready, but we never had house-keeping come by and ask us to clean the room (the sign was not on the outside of our room....). When we called the front desk, they told us it was too late, the cleaning staff had gone home, and there was nothing they could do. So we had to ask them to send us clean towels, toilet paper, and the works so that the room would have supplies when we got back from the wedding. The heat controller was either too cold or too warm, so we just turned it off. The restaurant had good food, and was friendly. There was plenty of parking.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank World_travellor79
Reviewed January 2, 2010

My 17 year old sons were in a car accident and were brought to the McIntosh Inn to spend the night. They were 5 hours from home and when I heard of the accident I was so distraught and was not in any condition to come and get them right away. When I arrived the next day they told me how everyone at the hotel looked after them just like they were one of their own. The gratitude I feel for everyone of the staff who welcomed them and looked after them is impossible to describe. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Melody Lidstone

• Stayed: January 2010
1  Thank KyTyMiss
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrisburg
Best Western Parkway Inn & Conference Centre
#8 of 12 in Cornwall
Quality Inn Gran-View
Quality Inn Gran-View
#1 of 5 in Ogdensburg

Been to McIntosh Country Inn & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!