“Heritage Finery & Amazing Hospitality”

Russell Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Morrisburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were in town for a party that ran late and so stayed over at Russell Manor. The interior of this inn is breathtaking. The first time I entered it my jaw was dropped for a good 5 minutes as I wandered the amazing common rooms. The owners have an attention to detail and taste in decorating that is unparalleled. Their rooms (mostly suites) are large, and quiet. We were on the third floor and heard nothing of the other guests or outside. It's peaceful luxury. Definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Everything a B&b should be. Friendly but not overly so. Beautifully appointed rooms. Lots of common areas. Gorgeous gardens with outdoor seating. Close to bike routes and museums. Delicious food. Perfection!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We immediately felt welcomed in Ron & Michael's beautiful B&B. Exceptionally clean, with much attention to details. They are very friendly and gave suggestions for places to eat, directions to sites in area-(although late April is off-season and many museums/forts still closed.) Studio room suited our needs but it may be small for some travelers. It has a large bathroom with great corner shower. Being early-risers it was convenient to have Keurig coffee/hot beverage maker and fridge for our use in 2nd floor sitting area.
Breakfast in morning was gourmet: sitting in formal dining room starting with wonderful, fresh baked ginger scones & mixed fruit cup. The elegant surroundings may not be for every one but we felt spoiled and catered-to in a friendly way-definitely NOT stuffy.
Their devotion to their Victorian style home is very apparent with decor that is elegant but still comfortable. The resident dog, Ralph, is well mannered and friendly greeter to all!
We enjoy staying in different places when we travel thru Ontario from ME to MI and back but will definitely make an exception and return here!

Room Tip: If you need space-the studio isn't for you. It's cozy and we liked it; other 2 rooms are m...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I was attending a conference at the McIntosh Inn in Morrisburg in April 2013 and needed a place to stay overnight. Based on other reviews, I picked Russell Manor as the place to stay and what a smart choice that was! The hosts are incredibly gracious and charming, the house and its décor is an attraction in itself, and the rooms provide excellent sleep quality and atmosphere. Breakfast is amazing, especially the lemon-ginger scones. This is THE place to stay in Morrisburg. Or, if you are making a drive along this part of the 401, make Russell Manor your stop along the way. You won’t be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I travelled to Morrisburg from Lindsay, Ontario to pick up equipment for my wife's business, and am so glad I broke up the trip by spending the night at Russell Manor. Ron & Michael made me feel completely relaxed & comfortable from the moment I arrived. The house is amazingly done, my room was cozy and I had a fine night's sleep, only to be served a wonderful breakfast in the morning, after I had enjoyed a leisurely morning of coffee and reading on the second floor. Thanks for making an 800- km round trip so enjoyable!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My Husband and I stayed at the Russell Manor the night we were married and the day after. Ron and Michael were so very accommodating to us, they allowed us to come in very late in the evening, and we quite lovely to chat with as well, the breakfast was wonderful! My husband and I went back on our 1st anniversary and enjoyed a fantastic meal for dinner, and once again enjoyed the same suite we had on our first visit, the breakfast again was just fantastic.

Russell Manor is my favourite little getaway, and we look forward to returning again each year for our anniversary.

Dawn & Lee

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We enjoyed New Year's Eve in a very comfortable suite at Russell Manor B&B in order to experience, once again, a wonderful 5 course dinner with accompanying wines. From the lobster bisque through the scallop appetizer, duck with port sauce main, to the delightful dessert, the whole meal was an unhurried, memorable experience. Michael and Ron assured these lucky adult visitors the very best New Year's experience possible without the worry of travel while celebrating. Indeed Michael and Ron were a very welcome part of our celebration. We will return. No it was not cheap but matched similar experience elsewhere admirably.

The evening started with a visit to the Christmas light show at Upper Canada village, an annual imperative, a very few kilometers away, and ended the next morning with wonderful fresh fruit bowl and a fluffy, light omelet. Ron can cook an omelet worthy of anywhere and we have tried his versions 4 times including this visit.

Room Tip: Best for adults: easy access from the US Ogdensburg border crossing or Eastern Ontario
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrisburg
McIntosh Country Inn & Conference Centre
#4 of 7 in Massena
The Colonel's Inn
The Colonel's Inn
#2 of 4 in Prescott

Been to Russell Manor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!