“PLAIN DECOR BUT . . . . .”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Golden City Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 22 Restaurants in Morrisburg
Cornwall, Canada
“PLAIN DECOR BUT . . . . .”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

This restaurant looks very plain on the outside and even more so inside but that belies how good the Chinese food is. The Hot and Sour soup is some of the best I've ever had; nice and spicy with the right amount of "sour". The first time we went we had the Szechuan dinner for two which included the H and S soup plus three other dishes. I particularly remember the Goo Loo Pork, a favorite of ours. It was really good. The portions were so large we took out enough food for another dinner. On our second visit we had the H and S soup again (of course!) with Singapore Noodles and Imperial Shrimp. For my taste both dishes could have been a little spicier but, even so, both were very good. The staff are friendly and attentive.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Henry P

Newfoundland
“Don't judge too quickly..”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

The decor of this restaurant was simple and clean but a little musty. We were hesitant to come here but had little other options. We were pleasantly surprised. There were 4 of us, two couples with one child each and everyone walked away very happy with their meals. I ate all of mine which is rare. It was delicious! To me, portion sizes were perfect, if not a little large.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Sea_Rah
Ontario, Canada
“Good Chinese Food”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We have been to this restaurant for chinese food probably three or four times in the past when it was Lee's Tavern Dining Lounge and now it's the Golden City Restaurant. The interior which is not fancy, kind of basic, seems unchanged and is clean, large enough and our server was friendly.

The menu offers the usual choices of individual items and combination plates you would expect to find at most chinese food restaurants. My wife and I each ordered a #1 Combination Plate which consists of an egg roll, sweet & sour chicken balls, garlic spare ribs and chicken fried rice for $10.95 and the portion size was satisfactory for us. The egg roll was average, garlic spare ribs average to good, the sweet & sour chicken balls and rice very good. They also have 'seniors' (over 60) smaller portions for $7.95 but I would stay with the regular size portion.

Overall, I would rate this restaurant between 'average' and 'very good'... so let's say 'good'. We would return again.

• Visited May 2014