“A pleasant surprise”

Sky Ranch Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Moosonee
Reviewed July 15, 2014

The restaurant does not have an impressive exterior nor interior, but you are a long way from a Ruth Chris steakhouse where it will cost you a minimum of $ 200.00 for two. Plus drinks and tax. As a matter of fact there is nothing close to RC in this part of northern Ontario

I happened to come into the Sky Ranch restaurant by accident for just a quick dinner. Right after I sat down and the waitress left me a menu to peruse, the owner came over and she informed me that today they are having a Buffett special. When she mentioned that it included homemade Shepherd pie she had me sold. There were other items also, chicken burgers, a soup, salad, perogies, some wraps and desert items. The food is all home made. At a price of $ 12.95 for my dinner I consider it a bargain. You'd almost pay that at a McDonalds for one.

As a matter of fact the next day I will go to the Sky Ranch for breakfast.

Since this trip to Moosonee for me is a once in a lifetime trip I know I won't return but I would
encourage anyone to give this small unimposing restaurant a try. As the old saying goes, don't judge a book by its cover.

1  Thank MexTripper

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Poor service, low quality food, the worst Argentinan steak (churrasco). When arrive nobody was hosted the restaurant, we ask for the soup of the day and take them 25 min to give us an answer. We ordered two Argentinan steak, chicken nuggets and a Cesar salad and they brought the kids order and the steaks took longer????
When we were asking for the cutlery they through on the table and all of them was from different styles . The Worst Restaurant Ever.
Nito Montanini from Buenos Aires - Argentina

2  Thank Nito M
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Sky Ranch restaurant has a wide variety of meals on the menu. Located on Moosonee's main street, it seemed to be a popular lunch spot for locals! Everyone was very friendly and service was terrific!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We dropped by the Sky Ranch on our way home and was not disappointed. Staff were very friendly and food was well priced and delicious.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

It's not exactly 5 star dining, but they serve warm, filling stick to your ribs favourites. It's a burger and fries, wings and ribs kind of place, but the staff is super friendly, and the owner (who also owns the regular stop hotel) was very good to us when we first moved up here and were eating at this restaurant almost daily.