“Cozy, warm and inviting haven!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Moosonee
Moose River Guesthouse
Ranked #1 of 2 Moosonee B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 18, 2013

This guest house is a special place to stay and feel like I am at home! The Moose River Guest House is clean, well appointed and cozy warm. Candice welcomed us when we arrived and we quickly got settled into our rooms. The communal living room has a wood stove that kept the room toasty. The rooms are clean, bright and tastefully decorated. The beds are comfy and have beautiful sheets and duvets on them, with a nice selection of pillows to choose from on the bed.
Some rooms have their own bathroom and a couple of rooms have a shared bathroom, connected to the rooms with individual locks. There are many details that are not overlooked.
There is complimentary Keurig coffee, large flat screen tv's in all rooms, nice smelling soaps/lotions in the bathrooms, delicious banana muffins in the morning (complimentary continental breakfast) and comfy sofa in the living room.
I HIGHLY recommend this guest house to anyone needing a place to stay in Moosonee, especially if you are looking for that home away from home.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Tracy M

Reviewed December 9, 2013

A wonderful 5 star place to stay....super clean and comfortable, and a very welcoming and incredibly accommodating hostess Candice!

Please feel free to contact me personally for further details of our visit to Moosonee and accomodations at the Moos River Guesthouse!

cheers!
Frank

grahamfr@hotmail.com

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Frankieflame
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I wasn't very pleased with this place at all. The walls were paper thin and you can hear everyone or anyone walking in the place. Floors were loud. Plus they didn't even have Air conditioning. I'm Also pretty sure my belongings were looked through. I came back from a day out touring and things in my bag were not the same way as I left them. I knew this because I'm particularly meticulous when it comes to my luggage. I moved out the following day and stayed at another B&B. So if you want to have a nice quiet sleep with a comfortable environment and feel safe to leave your luggage untouched I suggest you say anywhere else but here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Chaz R
Candice T, Owner at Moose River Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Moose River Guesthouse. As the owner and operator of the Guesthouse, I take great pride and sensitivity in the operation and the overall feel of the accommodations for my guests. I'm sorry that I had failed to please you in your experience at the Guesthouse.
You are correct that the floors are creaky and being a house, the walls between the rooms are not "hotel soundproof." I try my best to ensure a sound sleep with high quality Sealy mattresses and comfortable pillows, high thread count sheets, cozy quilts and table top fans.
You are also correct that we do not have air conditioning (a wonderful side note for future guests!) We do, however, rely on the natural cool air of James Bay to cool the rooms of the Guesthouse as each room has at least one window with a secured screen to allow the natural Northern air to enter the room. A great tip for future travelers is to place their fan by the window to bring the natural air into the rooms. It is a choice that I had made to not put air conditioners in the rooms as I feel it takes away from our clean, natural surroundings.
Your comment in regards to your belongings being looked through was upsetting to me. I highly value guest privacy and take my professionalism very seriously. It is hurtful and alarming that you felt that your privacy was breached. Each guest of the Guesthouse can sleep easy and explore the communities with ease as I truly work hard to make each guest feel like they are home and that they are secured. Guests who check-out and have to wait until 5pm to catch the train always leave their luggage behind so they can explore our area with ease. They come back mid-afternoon to relax in the sunroom and enjoy a cup of coffee or tea prior to departing Moosonee. It is always great talking to guests after they have toured our area for the day.
I looked through last year's reservation book, as your comment states you were here September 2012. I noticed all my regular, monthly guests and others who had made positive comments who had also stayed in September 2012, but I could not locate your name. If you would be so kind as to contact me via info@mooseriverguesthouse.com or call me directly at 705-336-1555 I would like an opportunity to apologize for your displeasure over the phone.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night in the second week of August. The Moose River Guesthouse was certainly a sight for sore eyes when we arrived in Moosonee after having paddled for 8 days down the Partridge River, through James Bay and up the Moose River. When we stepped into the B&B, we felt its warmth and coziness immediately. Very tastefully decorated in true Northern style! Candice, the owner, gave us a quick tour of the place and showed us to our room upstairs. It was extremely comfortable. We had one of the two smaller bedrooms that have an adjoining bathroom which guests have to share. The other two rooms looked nice as well! There was a Keurig machine downstairs for guests to enjoy coffee and tea anytime. Breakfast was buffet style and included a choice of cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, toast/bagels and fruit. Lovely! Candice's mom, Trudy, runs a cute gift shop just around the corner from the main entrance. The B&B is located close to the main strip where there is a Northern grocery store, CIBC bank, Sky Ranch restaurant, church, etc. The train station is at the end of this main street and only 5 minutes from the Moose River Guesthouse. We walked our canoe and bags over to the station and it was no problem. Wished we could have stayed more than one night at this place. Thanks for such warm hospitality Candice and Trudy!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 11MC
Candice T, Owner at Moose River Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for all the kind words. You and your husband are a very sweet couple and I am happy that I was able to be your little oasis after your eight day journey on the water!
Hopefully if you ever venture North to canoe again you can try the Missinaibi River from Mattice and we'll be able to see eachother once again!
Please take care and safe journeys on your next adventure!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Had a great 2 nights in the Guesthouse. Super clean home and the bed was super comfortable. Nice and quiet area of town and walking distance to everything. No complaints here!! Stop looking around and book this place!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dubstarr
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed here while i was in Moosonee last summer, working on a contract.
I arrived in Moosonee via a crop duster sized aircraft and was a little nervous on my dirt road drive into town. I wasn't expecting much from my stay...
I was absolutely delighted when I reached the Moose River Guest House!
I was greeted by the friendly and welcoming owner and breathed a sigh of relief.
The house itself is large, warm and welcoming and has been immaculately maintained. It was clean, bright and smelled wonderful! The front has a large sun room to sit and read or just stare out at the beautiful forest.
My room was spacious and I had an ensuite bathroom. There is literally any amenity you could dream of available to you as a guest; from the full kitchen to the dining room with a Kureg , complete with a great assortment of coffee.
I worked long days and late nights and it was a life saver to come home to this beautiful oasis.
I doubt I will ever be back to Moosonee, but if I ever do, i will DEFINITELY be staying at the Moose River Guest House.
Thanks to all for a WONDERFUL time!

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs are quieter and get a good breeze
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ken M
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Candace was SUCH a wonderful host! She really went the extra mile to make sure we were comfortable without constantly fussing. It was the perfect combination of great service and privacy. The rooms were wonderful, the wood fireplace was always warm, and the breakfast area was such a great way to start the day! I'd absolutely return, and tell anyone visiting the area to stay here!

Room Tip: The master rooms have their own ensuite, which was a nice perk.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Moose River Guesthouse? Share your experiences!