“Room for improvement”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Milton
Kitchener
“Room for improvement”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for business at the beginning of June. Really overpriced for a holiday inn express. Breakfast room not big enough to accommodate guests when the hotel is near capacity. Customer service needs to improve. Waited 30minutes for towels one night, upon checking into the room the pull out had no bedding, we phoned down and they brought some up to us and left it on the bed didn't even make it. We usually stay at this hotel for the Ribfests that come to the area but might have to try the best western down the street.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank willhaase19
NHLHotels, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodation, once again thanks for your feedback.

Manzar Anwar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Guelph
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Stayed here for one night for leisure purposes and we really enjoyed it! I booked an employee room rate and checked in around 10:30pm. I find that I usually get "ok"'rooms since I do get a discounted rate. I was shocked at check in how accommodating and pleasant the front desk staff was, I got an upgraded room to a suite. The hotel was easy to find just off the 401 highway. Unfortunately I slept in and didn't get to try the breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Ontario
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my son for a basketball tournament and found the location to be perfect as it was less than 10 minutes away from where the games were. You can basically leave the hotel driveway, turning left, then left again at the lights and drive straight to the downtown area. Check in was easy and as we arrived earlier than normal I wasn't sure they would have a room ready. They did and that was great news.

The hotel has the typical Holiday Inn Express décor. The rooms are clean with comfortable beds, modern TV, and up to date bathroom. Heat and air conditioning is controlled by an on the wall panel. We were staying in Milton during very warm weather and I couldn't understand why my room was warm the next morning, despite having set the temperature to 21 degrees. I figured out that the AC unit needed to be reset, by unplugging and replugging the main power cord to the unit. After that, the AC worked perfectly. I would have called the front desk if it didn't work.

The pool area was nice. There is a good size pool and hot tub. I saw a business room but did not go into it.

Breakfast was served in the morning and featured coffee, tea, juices, pastries, fruit, scrambled eggs, sausage, mini omelets, and bacon. They don't have waffles, but instead have fresh pancakes that you make yourself. Personally, I prefer waffles at a hotel.
Check out was a cinch. The staff was friendly and helpful and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Front rooms look towards buildings across the street, back rooms look out towards the highway.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Used the conference room and staff services here for a government organization meeting. Conference room was roomy and clean for our all day meeting. This hotel provided coffee throughout the day plus had a hot plate type buffet for our lunch. It was nice & hot with a variety of food. Staff were friendly and effectively when we called up them for their services. Was made to feel welcomed here and good atmosphere for our staff attending to have a productive day. Would recommend this hotel to other organizations for such venues for them for their own business meetings!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We booked a room for April 4 as we were coming into town for a hockey tournament. My son's team won their championship and as a result we had to withdraw from the tournament and play a hockey challenge in Barrie the same weekend. I called almost 2 weeks before the date to cancel the reservation and receive a refund. Unfortunately, the hotel manager declined to do so as I had a prepay rate. They referred me to guest relations who gave me a reference number and said I should receive a call from the hotel. Never did. Called guest relations again who called the general manager who refused as they are a franchise owner. Wish I had of read all of the reviews below. As you only need to book a room 8 days in advance to guarantee the pre paid rate, should be able to cancel with well over 8 days. By the way, this was the last room 2 weeks in advance of the tourney - tell me they couldn't have resold it? Guest relations said I should contact the hotel to arrange another stay - have no need to stay in Milton.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank michelle c
NHLHotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Hi Michelle C,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. When you booked the reservation you booked with the advance purchase rate, meaning you agree to the terms and conditions stating that your reservation is non-cancellable and non-refundable, and in return we will give you a discount on your stay. We always will honor the cheaper rate we give our guests when booking this rate, therefore we expect the same commitment out of our guests to honor the contract that is agreed to.
We appreciate your business, and thanks again for writing a review.

Mr. Manzar Anwar
Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Milton, ON

Travelers are raving about these Milton hotels

Iroquois Falls
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in March of 2014. We were in room 237. Check in was painless as rooms had been reserved in advance. The clerk at the desk was very efficient and courteous. Directions to our rooms were given along with information about the amenities offered in the hotel.

Though we did not use them there is a hot tub and a pool in the building. Rooms were equipped with 2 very comfortable queen sized beds topped with nice linens and plush pillows. Flat screen television was equipped with a great cable package. The room was large enough and also had a small bistro style table, a wing back chair and an ample sized desk with leather rolling desk chair. Bathroom was well stocked with needed amenities; shampoo, conditioner, lotion etc. It had a very large counter and a modern feel. The shower was large (with a curved curtain bar), the only down side is the tub was not a 'soaker' style tub!

In the morning breakfast was provided which is rare these days! And not just a continental breakfast. There were eggs, sausage, ham, pancakes as well as fruit and pastries.

This hotel is close to downtown, minutes from the 401 and near restaurants also.

Overall this was a great experience staying at the Holiday Inn Express Milton. Would definitely recommend this hotel for travellers or business people alike.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
London, Canada
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stay with this brand 90-100 nights per year and overall the experiences are good to excellent. However, this one is very subpar.

When I arrive to check in, the desk clerk appears somewhat confused when I tell him my name. After pausing and looking at his computer monitor, he then says he has a room with 2 double beds for me. But I have a confirmed reservation for a King Bed - ?

Now I have a confused look...why do I have to take a room with 2 double beds? He says that sometimes they get overbooked and for now that's what they have in the meantime.

I had a long week already and now after a long day and car ride to get there, I come to my senses and ask "since I am a platinum member, shouldn't I be entitled to a complimentary upgrade"? The response is a confused mutter. (At this point I am very ready to travel 20 minutes up the road to Vaughan - Holiday Inn Express and Suites. These guys have their ducks in a row all the time - never an issue). So after another 30 second pause he says he does have a King Suite available and sets me up with the room key and internet password. Room was acceptable - no Kleenex tissue and it had areas that needed a good dusting, but the bed was comfortable and sheets were fresh.

In the morning I reviewed the hotel bill. They were charging me full price for the King Suite instead of the free upgrade from the Standard King rate - this is totally unacceptable. I had to call to the front desk to argue about the situation to get it resolved. This is certainly NOT what IHG expects their customers to go through and as a business traveler, we don't need the aggravation.

PS - IHG hotels will typically have your reservation ready as you arrive. 2 minutes at the front desk is the max wait time once set up. Also, they will usually automatically upgrade you free of charge if you are an IHG Rewards Club member with platinum standing.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place -
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank JayRay61
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milton
Home2 Suites by Hilton Milton Ontario
Best Western Plus Milton
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga
Best Western Halton Hills
Best Western Halton Hills
#1 of 1 in Georgetown
Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto-Oakville

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton? Share your experiences!