“Not up to the standards of this brand”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Milton
Belleville, Canada
“Not up to the standards of this brand”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Easily the worst Holiday Inn and Suites I've stayed in: the non-smoking room we were given smelled of smoke, the swimming pool was icy cold, and the hotub was only lukewarm, and the jets didn't work. And the price wasn't particularly low either. There aren't a lot of choices right in Milton, next time, I'll drive a little further and find a nicer place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Kinneylynn
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Kinneylynn,

Ben J
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My company booked the hotel for me for a business trip because it was a newer facility and close to our Head Quarters. I was there twice, for a one-week period. Each time I arrived, there were issues with the reservation - essentially it didn't exist in their system. The last thing anyone wants to do after a long drive is spend an hour resolving an issue with a reservation that was confirmed prior to arriving. I had to call one of the company's owners to come in and finally get the issue resolved because the staff were clueless and certainly not interested in resolving the issue - their response, "Well you're not in our system and we don't have any rooms left."

The ammenities were nice, however the overall cleanliness of the place was lacking to say the least. There was always dirt and/or debris on the elevator floors, as well as in the lobby and the landings. The front entrance had planters littered with garbage, and the while a few of the staff members were very friendly, the managers and majority of the staff were rude, unhelpful and made me feel like I was being unreasonable because I expected a better than below-average experience - as if somehow I was to blame for their lack of customer service because my expectations were too high.

We were overcharged, and none of the staff onsite were neither interested nor able to assist in resolving our issues. I will defintely NOT stay at this hotel again, nor would I recommend it to anyone else. There's a Best Western a very short distance from this hotel and from what I was told by the locals, a much better place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Elvis F
NHLHotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Mr. Elvis
You posted your views to the tripAdvisory web site regarding about your stay.
We checked our data base unfortunately we did not fine your name in our system. You must be stayed somewhere else. Pleas feel free to contact with us if need any further information.

Manzar Anwar

Travelers are raving about these Milton hotels

Cobourg, Canada
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We chose this hotel because it was close to my son's wedding. I booked 2 rooms and we were all very pleased with the cleanliness and size of the rooms. Very comfy king beds. My husband used a wheelchair and we had no trouble getting around furniture as the room was very spacious. Free wifi is great. Both rooms had a mini fridge and micro wave in the room.
My daughter needed to do some laundry and was really pleased to find a washer/dry on the floor across from her room
In the morning we enjoyed a very nice complimentary breakfast in the breakfast room. It was great.
I would recommend this hotel and will likely use more Holiday Inn Express now in my travels.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Sunderland ON Canada
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I travel on business a lot, and I stayed here because I was working in the area. I upgraded to an Executive Suite to have extra space as I was bringing my work back to the room each night. The first room I was given had a very unpleasant "urine-type" odour that permeated the whole space. I called the front desk to complain, and I was very impressed with their professional and helpful approach to the problem, plus they changed my room immediately.
However, my positive experience ended there. Even though the room was large and clean, it was an awkward lay-out with dated furnishings and a fairly small TV at an awkward angle that can't really be watched from the livingroom area or the bed. I had brought a few groceries to my room as it was equipped with a full kitchenette complete with dishwasher, fridge and microwave, but when I went to make my dinner I realized all the cupboards were bare ... not a fork or spoon, plate or cup ... left me eating with my hands and wondering what the dishwasher is for, unless other people travel with dishware and cutlery (something I never thought to pack before). I needed access to the internet and struggled to stay online as it kept knocking me off-line. I had to send a number of files and it took me 32 attempts before even 1 was sent successfully ... it actually was one of the most frustrating experiences I have had in a long time. I called the front desk around 2am as I struggled with the work I had to complete and they told me the internet was working fine so there was nothing they could do to help. However, as I was checking out in the morning and told them of the problems I had experienced, they said I should have asked for a cable or used their business center, which might have been helpful advice when I called at 2am while still in the room!
I am giving 2 stars ... one for the polite front desk people and one for the comfortable bed, but other than those 2 things this room was definitely not worth the almost $200 a night price tag.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank bababird
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear bababird,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. Thank you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Like usual, I had a small trip in the area and decided to book a room in this hotel. Did that on their website. After this, I found a same room cheaper in another competing site. I had at least 8 emails with their "best price guarantee" service to try to at least give me the same price, but they kept on refusing, saying they can not confirm this price... Completely useless because anyone of us can easily find it.. wasted my time 100%.. at the end, I did call the hotel itself who agreed to cancel my reservation..
Completely ridiculous... they preferred to a cancel a whole reservation instead of matching a price.. Should definitely change their way of functioning, especially since there are at least 10 other "similar" hotels in the surrounding area...

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank ronydr
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear ronydr,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and we regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations. It is also disappointing you found the service you received less than satisfactory. We have taken note of your valuable comments, all the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve, as these enables us to target problem areas and take actions accordingly.

Again, thank you for providing us with a candid feedback.

Zelyn N
Canada
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Strictly a simple, low cost business hotel. Easy check in, room is fine, WiFi works. Easy access off 401 heading into GTA or outbound to K-W or London as an alternative to airport row. Much better price point than anything at Pearson. I've stayed about 4-5 times and no hesitation to go back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed in this Hotel and enjoyed clean rooms! Staff were really nice and friendly. It is a great location just before the going to Toronto. Would be nice if they have better landscaping and some flowers. I would stay there again on my next trip.

Room Tip: They have nice suites for family. two beds and living room