“The wireless service is brutal and the cupboards are bare”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Milton
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I travel on business a lot, and I stayed here because I was working in the area. I upgraded to an Executive Suite to have extra space as I was bringing my work back to the room each night. The first room I was given had a very unpleasant "urine-type" odour that permeated the whole space. I called the front desk to complain, and I was very impressed with their professional and helpful approach to the problem, plus they changed my room immediately.
However, my positive experience ended there. Even though the room was large and clean, it was an awkward lay-out with dated furnishings and a fairly small TV at an awkward angle that can't really be watched from the livingroom area or the bed. I had brought a few groceries to my room as it was equipped with a full kitchenette complete with dishwasher, fridge and microwave, but when I went to make my dinner I realized all the cupboards were bare ... not a fork or spoon, plate or cup ... left me eating with my hands and wondering what the dishwasher is for, unless other people travel with dishware and cutlery (something I never thought to pack before). I needed access to the internet and struggled to stay online as it kept knocking me off-line. I had to send a number of files and it took me 32 attempts before even 1 was sent successfully ... it actually was one of the most frustrating experiences I have had in a long time. I called the front desk around 2am as I struggled with the work I had to complete and they told me the internet was working fine so there was nothing they could do to help. However, as I was checking out in the morning and told them of the problems I had experienced, they said I should have asked for a cable or used their business center, which might have been helpful advice when I called at 2am while still in the room!
I am giving 2 stars ... one for the polite front desk people and one for the comfortable bed, but other than those 2 things this room was definitely not worth the almost $200 a night price tag.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank bababird
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear bababird,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. Thank you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Like usual, I had a small trip in the area and decided to book a room in this hotel. Did that on their website. After this, I found a same room cheaper in another competing site. I had at least 8 emails with their "best price guarantee" service to try to at least give me the same price, but they kept on refusing, saying they can not confirm this price... Completely useless because anyone of us can easily find it.. wasted my time 100%.. at the end, I did call the hotel itself who agreed to cancel my reservation..
Completely ridiculous... they preferred to a cancel a whole reservation instead of matching a price.. Should definitely change their way of functioning, especially since there are at least 10 other "similar" hotels in the surrounding area...

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank ronydr
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear ronydr,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and we regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations. It is also disappointing you found the service you received less than satisfactory. We have taken note of your valuable comments, all the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve, as these enables us to target problem areas and take actions accordingly.

Again, thank you for providing us with a candid feedback.

Zelyn N

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Strictly a simple, low cost business hotel. Easy check in, room is fine, WiFi works. Easy access off 401 heading into GTA or outbound to K-W or London as an alternative to airport row. Much better price point than anything at Pearson. I've stayed about 4-5 times and no hesitation to go back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed in this Hotel and enjoyed clean rooms! Staff were really nice and friendly. It is a great location just before the going to Toronto. Would be nice if they have better landscaping and some flowers. I would stay there again on my next trip.

Room Tip: They have nice suites for family. two beds and living room
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We were on are way too Toronto and traffic was horrible so we stopped in Milton for the night. the hotel was clean and the staff was very helpful. however the pool was dirty, the hot tub was broke , the jets didn't work , the water was luke warm and had a film on it. after reading the other reviews I see that the hot tub has been broke for over a month. its a shame when hotels choose to let things go, im sure im not the only person disappointed that the hot tub and pool were not up to Holiday Inns usual standards.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gcg8869
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear Gcg8869,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our valued guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I am glad to read you liked our clean hotel and helpful staff. However, I am sorry some aspects did not live up to your expectations and apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with the hot tub and pool condition. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for improvements.

Thank you for bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention and we hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Decided at last minute to stay in Milton and we picked the Holiday Inn Express. This turned out to be an excellent choice considering the limited local hotels in Milton. Didn't want to travel any great distant to find more options.Friendly staff looked after us immediately, then to the room with a king bed and the standard amenities and very well presented. The best of all the next morning was the complimentary breakfast that really impressed us. Much more than the expected coffee and danish was a pleasant array of scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes, toast, biscuits, yogurt, cereal, fruit, juices, and coffee or tea. Definitely recommend just on the complimentary breakfast alone.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed here with my crew because we were on a rope course just down the road. Price is right and location perfect right off the 401. Breakfast was included and delicious. Parking is really spacious and the hotel has a deal with a local restaurant right across the overpass

Room Tip: If you are looking for a place to stay right off the 401 and cheap, you found it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milton
Home2 Suites by Hilton Milton Ontario
Best Western Plus Milton
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga
Best Western Halton Hills
Best Western Halton Hills
#1 of 1 in Georgetown
Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oakville, ON

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton? Share your experiences!