I travel on business a lot, and I stayed here because I was working in the area. I upgraded to an Executive Suite to have extra space as I was bringing my work back to the room each night. The first room I was given had a very unpleasant "urine-type" odour that permeated the whole space. I called the front desk to complain, and I was very impressed with their professional and helpful approach to the problem, plus they changed my room immediately.
However, my positive experience ended there. Even though the room was large and clean, it was an awkward lay-out with dated furnishings and a fairly small TV at an awkward angle that can't really be watched from the livingroom area or the bed. I had brought a few groceries to my room as it was equipped with a full kitchenette complete with dishwasher, fridge and microwave, but when I went to make my dinner I realized all the cupboards were bare ... not a fork or spoon, plate or cup ... left me eating with my hands and wondering what the dishwasher is for, unless other people travel with dishware and cutlery (something I never thought to pack before). I needed access to the internet and struggled to stay online as it kept knocking me off-line. I had to send a number of files and it took me 32 attempts before even 1 was sent successfully ... it actually was one of the most frustrating experiences I have had in a long time. I called the front desk around 2am as I struggled with the work I had to complete and they told me the internet was working fine so there was nothing they could do to help. However, as I was checking out in the morning and told them of the problems I had experienced, they said I should have asked for a cable or used their business center, which might have been helpful advice when I called at 2am while still in the room!
I am giving 2 stars ... one for the polite front desk people and one for the comfortable bed, but other than those 2 things this room was definitely not worth the almost $200 a night price tag.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Milton Hotel is a newly built hotel featuring 92 spacious guest rooms with 20 suites, all equipped with a refrigerator, microwave and coffee station. Splash in our indoor pool or whirlpool, free Smart Start breakfast included in all rates. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start Breakfast Bar served every morning featuring a selection of fruits, juices, cereals, breads/pastries, and even hardboiled eggs. We have also created the world's best tasting cinnamon roll. Visit Milton, ON and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton Hotel Milton
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Milton
- Holiday Inn Milton
- Milton Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton Ontario