“Best sourdough EVER”

Got a photo?
Add it.
The Bread House
Reviewed April 8, 2014

YUMMMM this place has the best stuff. We have bought the sourdough loaf here many times, as well as cookies and pastries. The owner is amazing and will offer you samples, and told us about the process he uses to make the bread. Great service and a great product. I can't wait to go back and hopefully try their sandwiches next time.

There are newer reviews for The Bread House

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Amazing Montreal style bagels. Less than desirable experience today. Excited to try their bagels again, I trotted merrily to the Bread House with anticipation only to be rudely greeted. As a bonus, Half Price Bagel week advertisement in the local Milton paper 50% off a dozen bagels. No mention of a coupon in the ad. Owner/Manager demanded for a phantom coupon which he admitted later was worded incorrectly. he even went on to say that he would rather close the store because he wouldn't be making enough money because of the advertisement they themselves put in the paper. If my wife hadn't promised to bring bagels to work I wouldn't set foot in that store again. As great as the bagels were , it left a bad taste in my mouth, this guy would let a customer walk out the door upset because of an admitted typo. I presented the ad ( with phantom coupon) after having to drive home .
I told him that Milton is a small town, online reviews, and word of mouth could spread like cream cheese quick. To think too I was going to bring my kids there later today for the sandwiches which ironically they had a coupon for. I was going to bring my family for their Sunday brunch but I will never set foot in that store again. after admitting it was a typo, own up to it, honor the advertisement as it is, and you will have a satisfied returning customer.
Good luck!

Update: their bagels as fresh as they were, were not as good as the first time I had them.

1  Thank Eric M
Reviewed March 12, 2014

They had a nice variety of sandwiches to choose from and as the other posters have said...the bread is excellent! I found my pulled pork sandwich to be cold and not saucy like I'd looked forward to. I wouldnt order it again. I might suggest The Bread Hoyse add some simple kid friendly sandwiches to their menu for families out with their kids.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Really - cinnamon buns, fresh bread, italian sodas and so much more. Bit pricey, but a great treat. The loaves are fab - Mediterranean loaf was super heavy and went really well with my lamb stew. I sneak out and get myself a Cinnamon bun every weeks. :-)

Reviewed November 29, 2013

If something is so extremely delicious that it forever ruins your mouth and nothing ever can compare, Hawaiians will say that it "Broke da' mouth!" What we found at The Bread House did indeed, 'broke da' mouth' ! Dave was engaging and welcoming and passionately proud of the wonderful products offered. The honey-water boiled, wood-fire baked sesame bagel was amazing, generously covered on BOTH sides with fresh delightful seeds. The cinnamon rolls were the best...the very best, anyone in our party had ever eaten in life.
Each and every time we are in Milton, this will be...not only ON THE LIST, is will be at the top!
This is a show-stopping experience.
One recommendation might be; if the doors open at 7, the cases ought to be fully stocked by then with the delectable items.