“Tastes like home”

The Halifax Donair & Pizza
Ranked #21 of 231 Restaurants in Milton
Reviewed August 7, 2014

My husband and I first tried this place when we moved to Milton. I grew up on the East Coast and hadn't had a donair in over ten years. AS soon as I saw it my husband had no idea what I was talking about...now he craves it!

The owner and his family are so friendly and gave my husband a ton of samples before he ordered for the first time. We both had the donairs...but have since graduated to the Donair pizza.

If you have never had a donair and want to experience one without the trip to the East Coast, I highly recommend visiting Halifax Donair and Pizza!!

1  Thank Pamela P

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

This was our first Donair and it's not to our taste, hence the ranking. The creamy, sweet sauce was good, but you have to like thin slices of really dry, over cooked meat and raw onions (also comes with diced tomato but that's it for toppings). $10 gives you pita, Donair, fries and pop and it's pick-up only. Fries weren't good. Lady at cash was really nice.

1  Thank Alliocha
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is where you'll eat one of the best donaiers in the country! The place is family run, friendly and clean. Highly recommended. Even if you don't know what a donaire is, you should come in and have one - its that good! Portions are huge so count on not eating until the next day. The dine in seating is very limited as such take out is the best option

Reviewed April 15, 2014

If you have not had a donair you're missing an Atlantic treat of life (Like a lobster roll or an Alpine). Try one, they are messy but, good use a fork if you have to. They come in many varieties to suit anyone fancy.

1  Thank Don L
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Memories of how donairs were back home. Before Bonte foods bought Greco. Closest thing to the old Greco or even Acadia Donair in Dieppe, NB. eep it up.