“Surprise Discovery in Milton!”

Memphis BBQ & Wicked Wings
Ranked #17 of 233 Restaurants in Milton
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I read about this restaurant in the June 2014 issue of Toronto Life magazine, so on our way home from a recent trip to Toronto, my wife & I decided to drop into Milton to check it out. Wow! We were not disappointed!

From the outside, the place itself doesn't look like anything to write home about. It's a simple storefront in a strip mall. But the dining room works hard at making you feel like you're in a southern diner with US license plates, old advertisements, and more. Tables and chairs and a few booths are available for seating, and the smell of BBQ permeates the air.

The meal offerings on the menu all look delicious! We'll need to come back several times to try them all! I went for the original smoked chicken wings while my wife opted for the pulled pork platter. The wings were probably the most delicious I've ever tasted! There were about 8 of them in the 1 lb size I chose. My wife ended up with a pound of pulled pork on her plate that was also very tasty and accompanied by small sides of coleslaw, baked beans, and cornbread. Both plates also came with generous portions of crispy fries.

Great food, good value for the money, and great service. We'll be back! Looking forward to trying their Monday special: a full rack of ribs, 1 lb of wings, and a large fries or salad, all for only $25!

Restaurant closes at 9 p.m.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Love the pulled pork and ribs. Their Memphis BBQ sauce is sweet, which I like. The restaurant seating is limited and the place seems busy every time I've gone, so we just do the take-out. One of the better BBQ places.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Visited last Saturday and entered a half full restaurant, pretty sparse for seating but I feel they are more of take-out spot seeing as they constantly had orders being picked-up. We sat in a relatively small booth off to the side (all the booths seem small) and were welcomed quickly by the staff and offered drinks which came fairly quickly. As we waited the restaurant got packed ! Good thing we got there when we did. Pretty average BBQ fair but the amount of sauces for wings you can choose from is huge. Our apps/meals came out basically on top of each other (server/kitchen mistake) so there was little room at the table and less time to digest/enjoy the apps we chose. When our mains came they were really big, I ordered the Elvis combo that came with pulled pork, smoked wings, ribs, coleslaw and baked beans. We also got a side of brisket to try. The ribs and smoked wings were INCREDIBLE !!! The pulled pork and brisket were not good, the brisket looked like grocery store sliced roast beef from the deli counter (basically lunch meat) cooked in a lot of BBQ sauce, very disappointing as was the pulled pork it was drowning in BBQ sauce. Memphis BBQ should take a trip to Lancaster Smokehouse (see my review) and check out their pulled pork and brisket. Their prices were ok and service was overall pretty good, everyone seemed happy. So as a whole I would go back here for ribs and smoked wings for sure.

3  Thank SunWorship46
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Rode by this shack many times in summer but never thought of eating there until a random search on TA for great BBQ. Glad that we went there. Amazing melt in mouth ribs and plump juicy wings. You think Duff's or St. Louis wings are good then you haven't had good wings. It is really a dive of a place but food more than makes up for it. Yeah, go on a Mon. for the $25 special, can't beat it!

Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Awesome ribs, good wings, got monday special 25 bucks for ribs wings and fries.....yummy will be back!!You will not be disappointed!