“Overall amazing experience”

Cuisines: American, Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was our first time at this restaurant and we had such an amazing night. The service was great, our server was extremely friendly, knowledgeable and made sure our night was fantastic. We had gone to celebrate my husbands birthday, and even though we made very late reservations, they were able to squeeze us in. The food was amazing (we had a meat and cheese platter app, and had the Ribeye and Sirloin), martinis/wine were great and the atmosphere was overall well done. We had never been to a piano bar before, and truly do not enjoy that type of music typically...but the piano player was great and had an amazing voice. We stayed for 3 hours just to listen to him! The server also picked up on the fact that it was my husbands birthday and they sang and we got to share a to-die-for piece of cake. mmmmm :) It is a fine dining restaurant so it was pricey, but worth it for a special occasion.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had the pleasure of dining at Marquee Steakhouse this past weekend and were very impressed by the service, the decor and the EXCELLENT FOOD! Our steaks were out of this world and the homemade cheesecake was a great end to a special evening. We will be back very soon!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

It was our first time there for dinner. Initially, we were a bit turned off because when we called for a reservation, the staff was a bit unprofessional and unfriendly - same thing when we arrived and told them our name. Two staff whispered to each other (major no-no in customer service) then showed us to our table. We shared an appetizer (we didn't want to spoil our dinner), the calamari, which was great. I wanted the halibut but was told (when we finally ordered) that they were out of halibut. We both ordered steaks - I got the tenderloin and my husband got the steak special. Mine was great but my husband found that there were too many flavours mixed in (served on top of mashed potatoes) but he also prefers just plain meat - so it is a matter of personal taste. The decor in the restaurant is inconsistent (the flooring and kitchen window throws it off) but they've done a good job with what they have to work with. For 1 appetizer, a small carafe of wine (1 and 1/2 glasses) and 2 steak dinners - $115. We will go back because I'd really like to try the halibut.

4  Thank Tvizz
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This was a first time visit for us to this location in Milton. I liked the redecoration efforts of this restaurant and the piano + live musicians are a welcome change from canned music and big screen TV's that you find in most of the "trendy" locations these days. While busy with two larger groups, wait staff took the time to pay attention to our party of two. Two major downsides of this restaurant would seem to be value for money and ventilation. I chose the medallions of pork tenderloin and while the presentation was nice I found the price at $26 a bit high for the amount of meat (with some overly dry medallions) that was delivered. Issues around ventilation - and the potential for smoke inhalation - only became evident as the entrees were being cooked. The blue haze that filled the restaurant made me wish we had sat outside. Other minor "faux pas" included the late delivery of the bread and the food in general, possibly due to the size of the groups nearby. Dessert (pie) arrived in a huge bowl-like plate yet appeared smashed by the scoop of ice cream (perhaps better delivered on the side?). At $50 per person (tip included, no wine) I think that this restaurant still has some work to do to deliver a more complete "fine" dining experience.

3  Thank Traveling_Dad48
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Some friends and I got together at Marquee few weeks ago, for the first time. I must confess I got surprised when I entered as I was not expecting such a nice place to have L9T on it's postal code. The ambient is great, the piano was a bit loud so we had to raise our voices up during our conversation, but this was easy after a bottle of wine. The food was very good, despite the fact they made a mistake on the cooking point of our stakes...no big problem, as my wife took mine and vice-versa, but we ended up receiving a complimentary Strega as an apology. Great place, great food.