“Great selection”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Great food selection - my husband had the fish & chips - he rated it the best he ever had - and he's British! I had the crab cakes & ceasar salad - both excellent. Waiter/barman did double duty, even though it was Saturday lunchtime, the restaurant was not busy. Service was great - very friendly & pleasant. Overall great experience - will definitely recommend and return

There are newer reviews for Walkers Fish Market

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We shared the appetizer platter with two of our friends. It was a good selection of seafood and great for sharing. We were slightly disappointed that there were only two shrimps. I ordered the shrimp taco with salad. I found the chipotle sauce a bit too creamy and didn't really mix well with the fried shrimp. The portion was really big. My husband ordered the Arctic char, grilled. He said it was fine. The service very good - our server was able to split the bill the way we wanted to and she was very efficient.

1  Thank mhuang
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went to this location on a Saturday night. Ambiance is nice, good setting for a romantic dinner.
When I opened the menu, I was not expecting the prices to be what they were... I am looking for halibut and chips but it is $24.00! I would say this is easily $10 more than a good authentic fish n chips shop. I end up ordering the Basa n chips which is a reasonable $14. My partner orders the fisherman platter which was 2 breaded shrimp, 2 coconut shrimp and a basa fillet for $21.00 Came with Fries. On the positive notes, portions were really good and food tasted good. Ordered calamari for an app and that was tasty.
All in all, good experience, maybe this place is more for seafood connoisseur which i am not. Not sure i would return for high prices fish n chips.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We have been to this restaurant a few times now and it is really hit and miss. We dropped in after a movie between the lunch and dinner service, and had appetizers, and a caesar and it was really quite good. However, tried it on Valentines night with our kids and it was pretty much a debacle. Whoever is managing this place was definitely NOT in any way prepared. There was a line out of the door of about 20 people, some with reservations and some without. We did have a reservation and were given a flashing coaster. We were not offered to step into the bar to have a drink while we waited, nor were we asked to stand to the side. Gee, I can't imagine why there was a line-up out the door. A family of four behind us didn't have a reservation and were also given a "coaster" Really????? They took a table of four on Valentine's day without a reservation with a line up out the door and into the cold! Talk about amateur hour! The hostess kept leaving her station and some other woman was also flitting about but wasn't very effective.

We were finally seated and I actually felt really sorry for our server. They were obviously extremely understaffed. We ordered drinks and appetizers which came out pretty quickly. My husband and I really like oysters and they "feature" them everywhere but they are trying to charge $3.65 EACH. Ridiculous. They are cheaper at Rodneys! We ordered a sampler at 22.95 which was supposed to have 2 of each of 4 kinds. There were 8 oysters, but there were only 2 kinds and one of them was so tiny I sent it back. She did bring 4 more but she said they were the last oysters in the place. At 7:30 on Valentines Day???? Overall, pretty pathetic. Very little planning going on here. Perhaps a manager with some experience would be in order!

They have a few kinds of fish that they offer 4 different ways, but they don't offer "pan fried" which would be the best way to do at least 2 of the varities. Chef, have a look at your menu!

There is potential here but they need to seriously look at their pricing and seafood offerings. IF you can't offer the oysters at a reasonable price per dozen then don't offer them at all! No real oyster lover orders 3 or 4 oysters.

Overall, wasn't overjoyed but would give it another chance. Use some creativity. Get some specials happening, and change up your menu. It may not be too late in this location!

2  Thank Clifford321
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I went there a little bit later...like 9-10ish...food was pretty good...ordered oysters..they never came...and they were never on the bill. Was a little weird because we talked to the tattoed waiter about it 5 mins on which ones to choose...but nothing.

1  Thank OttJoe613