“No issues, smoking areas STINK!”

Best Western Plus Milton
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Milton
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Tried to check in early, approx 11am but room was not ready. Woman at front desk said she'd get them to work on mine next and to check back in 30 minutes. I returned in 45 and was allowed to check in. Very helpful staff.

Room was good, no issues with cleanliness or comfort. Ac worked very well and TV was mid-sized flat panel. Room had fridge/coffee maker.

Hallway noise was a bit of a nuisance. Constant opening/closing of the door between the smoking and non-smoking side of the hallway which was quite noticeable in the room. Walking through the smoking part of the hotel or in the elevator on that side was bad. Non smokers beware and stick to the elevator to the left of front desk. Why are they still allowing smoking in this hotel? If you're going to allow smoking do it on the top floor or top few floors and make it the entire floor. Doesnt make sense having half a floor as smoking. Ex smoker myself, and it was bad.

A few friends had issues with their room cards not working late at night (we were part of a wedding group), their cards stopped working as though they were deactivated???

Wife said the breakfast in the restaurant downstairs was very good. It looked pretty good but I didnt try it.

Good stay and would stay again but might ask for room away from the smoking/non-smoking door as it's a tad noisy (not to mention stinky).

Room Tip: Had room 221 which is right beside a firedoor that gets opened constantly. try for something furthe...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank cdnmr

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed 1 night in a king executive room. Room was clean and well appointed but there were only toiletries for one person. We arrived at 6 pm on a Sunday evening and the restaurant was closed. Early Sunday closing was not indicated on the website, which was annoying, as part of the reason for choosing this hotel was that we would not have to go out again to eat after checking in.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This place was gross, we stayed there for a wedding that was taking place next door at the banquet hall. Non smokers need not waste their time, we were in a non-smoking room, as I have asthma, and I couldn't breathe for all the smoke that was wafting into our room from the hallways and through the ceiling vents. The room was dingy and mattress lumpy, I was exhausted by the time we went to the room at night and I couldn't sleep for my inability to breathe clean air. Staff were monotone and they looked exhausted, the bride was embarrassed with the amount of complaints from the guests.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Bort86
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Thank goodness we had only booked for one night. We had a standard room on the fourth floor, overlooking the 401; not a great view, but at least the sound-proofing was reasonable. That's the most positive thing I can think of because the elevator was broken and hauling suitcases to the fourth floor (we're seniors) was not a welcome introduction. I was later informed that the elevator had been inoperative for more than a week! No mention of this when I made the reservation of course.

No included breakfast at this place (not sure why it's called BW Plus) and the service at the in-house restaurant was less than mediocre. The only option was a buffet breakfast @ $10.95 that apparently included neither orange juice or coffee; in any event the cost for two of us was over $30. There is a MacDonald's close by for future reference if you end up here.

Even though I had provided all my credit card details online when making the reservation, I was asked to pre-authorize $200 on arrival. This was the only hotel on our 2 week trip where this practice was followed - not a big deal but I find it unfriendly. We did have some great hotel experiences on this trip, they were at Country Inn & Suites.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Excellent hotel!! I travel 4 to 5 nights a week. this is by far the nicest hotel for the money. you owe it to yourself to check it out. Easily located. Very kind staff. helpful and knowledgeable. Great restraurant too.

Room Tip: Just check in.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Greg D
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently spent one night on a weekend at the Best Western Milton. The room was on the fourth floor, and very big. It s the first room beside the elevator and I have to admit I was concerned about the possible noise but I heard none. The walls must be properly insulated.

The bed and mattress were in good conditions and the sheets were clean and crispy. I always check bedding everywhere I go. If I see stained quilts, I have for a room change.

The bathroom was standard but clean. They only had soap bars even for the shower so in ended up using the shampoo :). I don t like bars.

There was a microwave (clean), a fridge and I coffee maker in the room. I had to move the coffee maker to find a suitable plug for it because it was not plugged in and there was no plus behind the stand.

The heating AC unit in the room was a little bit noisy. Light sleepers should consider using plugs.

Check in and checkout process were fast and the staff very friendly.

I did not have breakfast at the restaurant because of food allergies. I went to the near by plazas where pretty much everything was available, from restaurants to groceries etc.
The hotel is very conveniently located.

I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank sk8rmom4ever
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Recently stayed 2 nights at the Best Western in Milton. Was a little concerned when I opened my room door and I faced the 401 hi way, however was very pleasantly surprised, I heard no road noise. My room was clean, although a little dated. TV worked, shower had warm water. Fridge and microwave in the room. Work out room was a little small, treadmill, ecliptical, univeral and stairmaster, however when I worked out, I was the only person. Nice pool on site, Ate at the restuarnat on site, Allison's, was very good.

All in all, good value. I would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank David B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milton
Home2 Suites by Hilton Milton Ontario
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga
Country Oakville Inn
Country Oakville Inn
#3 of 11 in Oakville

Been to Best Western Plus Milton? Share your experiences!