“Better than Brampton - Odd?”
Review of Osso Bucco - CLOSED

Osso Bucco
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main St & Martin St
Toronto
“Better than Brampton - Odd?”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

The folks we were joining for dinner chose this spot and I wasn't so excited because the Brampton location is ho-hum to me. Hubby and I both enjoyed the food at the Milton location much more. Starters are really a bit too large. Entrees are a good size, everyone really enjoyed their meals (half of us took home left overs). Good flavours. Those who had desert enjoyed it but looked "bought" to me. Perhaps it's worth the drive to Milton!

• Visited April 2014

Milton, Ontario, Canada
“Osso full”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great place. We eat here a couple of times a month, great staff and fantastic food. Personally, I love the steak with lobster linguine (you have to ask for the side of lobster linguine, as it is not offered on the menu). The bread and olives while you wait for your appetizers are always fresh and delicious. The menu is pretty much Italian food, and you will not be disappointed with it. They have a good selection of wines, and beers on tap. You have to order the spicy scallops as your appetizer, they rival "The Keg's" escargots as my all-time favorite pre-meal food.

• Visited April 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Great Quality and Value”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

A group of us (10 people altogether) went to this location for a friend's birthday (we'd also been to the Brampton location on another occasion - great experience there as well). Our service was very prompt and attentive. I only had an entree as I remembered that their serving sizes are quite large and it was very well prepared - flavourful, cooked well and interesting (I had a pasta dish). My boyfriend had their caesar salad and if he had just gotten that an another appetizer to share, he would've been stuffed. Their salad was huge enough as an entree itself. He order a spicy pasta dish and enjoyed it a lot as well. We both had take home as the portions are quite generous and we felt that although there was a good quantity of food, they did not compromise on quality. The atmosphere was very relaxed, comfortable and intimate and although our group lingered well after their closing time, they did not rush us or remind us of their closing time. We would definitely come back and spoke highly of it to friends looking for recommendations.

• Visited February 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Regular Italian”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The food is pretty good but sometimes they only have one server. The oil & vinegar on the bread is a nice touch. Would go back.

• Visited January 2014
Milton
“The food is good, but service could improve!”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I had made a reservation for a Monday night for two birthdays we were celebrating in our small party of 4. When we arrived and greeted at the desk, they pointed and said your table is over there, which was across the room (instead of taking us to our table). Our waitress was nice enough, but too soft spoken lacked an outgoing personality. We sat for a long time before she came to take our order, which could be understandable if they were busy, but there was only 1-2 other table in the place. I think we all enjoyed the food. In the end they had given a slice of cake for each of the birthday guests, which was nice and not expected. I had a 7 year old boy and the waitress was attentive to him which is always nice when dining with young children. Another thing I must mention, is the restrooms are in the basement and are very cold and they smell horrible. I have been here before and rated this restaurant and my rating is slipping. I think this place needs to make some changes and they could do well, because they do have good food.

• Visited February 2014