“A swing and a miss...”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Martin St.
Description: At Casa Americo Bar and Restaurant, we can accommodate all your dining needs for family, friends or business associates. Visit us to celebrate a special occasion, to enjoy our private dining area for a party or business function or just to enjoy an excellent Italian dining experience. Dining and a great wine list are also available for all tastes and budgets. All our dishes are freshly made with only the finest ingredients. Choose from an extensive menu. Treat yourself to wonderful Italian cuisine, you will find our service is just unbeatable. Casa Americo is located in heart of downtown Milton, Ontario. Serving mouth-watering cuisine that ranges from the eclectic to traditional. Casa Americo Bar and Restaurant promises a truly remarkable dining experience.
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband and I made reservations for our anniversary dinner as friends had raved about this new restaurant in Milton. When we arrived, the place was packed, tightly. The spacing between the tables was ridiculous. Two tables of four sitting beside each other might as well be dining together. You had to carefully slide yourself in between tables to get to your seat.

My husband ordered crab cakes, risotto balls, and I ordered a caesar salad. His entree was the angel hair pasta with seafood and I ordered the penne a la vodka. The crab cakes were "excellent", the risotto balls "also very good" according to my husband. The caesar salad was drenched in the most bland dressing I have ever tasted. I could not believe how terrible the salad was. How do you ruin a simple salad? His entree was "disappointingly generic" and the seafood was slightly underdone. His entree was also advertised as including squid, which it did not. My penne a la vodka was also generic. We did not have dessert, as it appears as though their desserts are outsourced according to their menu/website.

While we are glad we gave this restaurant a try, we will not return. Service was not bad, but a bit disjointed. There was no real flow to the service (my husband's comments - from a man who spent a decade in the restaurant industry). The lemonade was delicious! If you are looking for authentic Italian food, this is not the place.

There are newer reviews for Casa Americo

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We were in the mood for italian and thought we'd give Casa a try. The greeting was friendly and for the most part the staff was friendly as well.

Our appetizers were pretty tastey and a good size (calamari and bruschetta), so we were excited about our entrees. I had the chicken parm and pasta with vodka sauce as a side. You have to pay extra for the vodka sauce and there barely was any - it was like the bottom of the dried up pot had been scraped out. The chicken parm was pretty flavourless and my husband's veal was the same - very ho hum.

The most disappointing part was the wait. From when they cleared our app plates to our entree being served, we waited almost an hour and a half. I'm all for a meal where you're not rushed, but by the time we got our meal it was almost 9pm.

I hope this is not the norm, but it seemed that everyone was waiting that long. I can't see us going back. The food really wasn't worth the wait.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

On the civic holiday long weekend we stopped by Casa Americo for dinner. We had been there a couple of times before and although it had given us nothing spectacular we thought we would try it again.

At the door we were, well, greeted would be too welcoming for the reception we got. The confused and somewhat hostile juvenile seemed to be uncertain of what his role was. He indicated a table where we could sit and hurried back to his station by the door. He remembered to bring menus sometime later. After a brief wait the young boy returned with the menus and suddenly there were two other restaurant personnel who seemed as confused as the young lad. In due course wine and a starter were ordered. Instead of one appetizer two appeared. The first was bruschetta. (The young lad insisted that it be called "Bru shetta". Strange in a restaurant that pretends to be Italian! The correct pronunciation is, of course, Bru Sketta.). It was so over the top that it was barely bruschetta at all. The fresh clean taste of tomato, olive oil and oven toasted bread was lost under an avalanche of molten cheese and balsamic vinegar. The calimare were grilled just enough to be tender but were overwhelmed by a torrent of gooey tomato, calimata olives and balsamic vinagar. Then came the main courses. The gnocci could have been used for boat anchors. Heavy! A nice simple dressing would have been nice but, NO! More of that gooey, sticky, over-cooked tomato sauce we discovered on the calimare. My osso buco was delivered covered by a mountain of the slimy, over-cooked tomatoes in which it had been braised. When that was shoveled away the veal was found to be tasteless. We will not be going back.

1  Thank 401ABW
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We ate dinner here for our anniversary. The food was great. The mushroom soup was the best I've ever had. Simply delicious. The Calamari Al Diablo was very good and the Risotto balls were as well. I had the Rib Eye Sizzler on special which was very tasty. My wife had an angel hair pasta with Seafood which was good. The wine recommendations were great and the service was very friendly and prompt.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Kudos to "Casa Americo" service was exceptional, they make you feel like a "somebody" throughout your dining experience and this was surpassed by the food. Our ultimate decision on the varied menu choices was certainly enjoyed and would recommend (Osso Bucco,, Seafood Linguine).
We salute Casa Americo and wish them much success and hope to enjoy for a long time!