“Give it a pass” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ned Devine's
Ranked #93 of 228 Restaurants in Milton
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Listowel, Ontario
“Give it a pass”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

So, I took my wife out on Mother's Day. Drove a pleasurable 2 hour drive by back roads to get there. Great day and weather etc. Went into Ned's and the place was basically empty at 2 in the afternoon. Were shown to a booth by the windows and given menus. Made our choices, but alas, no one to take our orders. After over 10 minutes another server came by and took our orders. My wife loved her salad. My haddock and chips arrived, but the fish was small, and the crust was soggy.. Chips soggy as well. When asked about the food, I said it was something I would not order again. "Rewarded" with a $10 certificate..... which I will never use.

My love ordered a dessert. After a few minutes we were told that the noon hour crowd had used up all of that. She declined the other options.

Altogether, a very disappointing experience. (The movie is GREAT though!!! :) )

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank blackbetsy

Milton, Canada
“Another's decent place for a beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Good bar and you'll either like the atmosphere or hate it. I found it fine, not too loud at times so you can talk, staff could get to you and check up on you quicker. Other than that it's alright. Ou can get better food at lots of other places.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank TellMeWhatItIs
YYZ
“Consistently Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I have given this place a couple of tries, and it is always awful. Food is disgusting and horribly over priced. Staff is ridiculously inattentive. The atmosphere is dirty and dull. I want my money (and TIME) back.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank HighStandardsYYZ
Brantford
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

We had great service, even though there was a mix up as to who was handling out table. Great selection of beers, and a diverse food menu. We would definitely return!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Michelle S
Ontario
“Good, fun pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

I really enjoy Ned's. I've been coming to Ned Devine's with my buddy for over 5 years now because it's a halfway point between us. They recently changed the menu and I have been pleased with the change so far. The fish and chips (my pub fave) are good; hot, crispy fish, good portion, not too much batter, and nicely done chips. Decent beer selection, lots of seats, patio in the summer on the main floor and above. Wait staff is generally good and friendly. I completely disagree with the comments and low ratings below - keep in mind, this is a pub, so don't expect 5-star decor, plush seats, and absolutely spotless floors. If you come around dinner time on the weekend there are quite a few families with young kids, so it is family friendly. I was a little disappointed they got rid of some of the pub faves like bangers and mash, but I'll try some of the newer dishes eventually.

• Visited September 2013