“Delicious mains” 4 of 5 bubbles

La Toscana
Ranked #14 of 228 Restaurants in Milton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Fresh oysters , cold Martinis
Toronto, Canada
“Delicious mains”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Came here today after having a great experience the first time. The first time I had the pollo fangelico and the almond cream sauce on the chicken was to die for. Today I had the veal wrapped spinach and cheese which sat in a delicious beef reduction. Although I loved the meat, the portion of veal was tiny, and I was thoroughly disappointed by my side of veggies and potatoes. The rapini was ok but the baby carrots weren't thoroughly cooked. The potatoes must've been at least a day old. The waiter checked on us initially before I had tried the potatoes. I tried to call him over but he was out of sight for at least 15 minutes. Once he finally came my meal was done but I was still hungry. I informed him that the potatoes were no good, that without carbs I was still hungry and he insincerely acted concerned but did nothing to remedy the situation. No offer of another side, no discount, no sorry. He went about his job as usual and offered dessert. How about no thank you. Anyway my husband had the venison which was in a black berry sauce. It was good but also tiny - luckily he got enough pasta to fill him up.
All in all the mains are tasty here, the non-pasta sides need tremendous work, and service good for the most part. For the prices charged ($26 veal, $35 venison) they need to work on all details of the meal.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Lifes_1_Journey

Toronto
“Excellent Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Not much more can be said about this place that has not already been read in other reviews, good food, good service, very friendly and helpful staff and a nice atmosphere. If there is a down side it is the price of their appetizers, I found them really high, some almost as much as the main course $16-$17 plus tax for an appetizer is a little on the steep side, main courses and desserts were priced okay, a little on the high side but you do expect to pay for quality and that is what you get.Overall a great little restaurant for lunch or dinner just beware of the appetizers.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank eerzaweepieanbovril
Milton, Canada
“Toscana addiction….”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Being new in Milton, I am always try to find new restaurants to go to, been disappointed at couple place, been charmed at others… But I don’t question no more where I take my friends, co-workers and family for business lunch, friendly dinners or romantic events… LA Toscana, of course! Oysters and Martinis what a great concept! Food is divine, it’s not on the menu??? Don’t you worry! Linda and Pasquale will make it happen… Best food, service, atmosphere…. Out of 10, I give a 20!
Ohhh don’t forget to try the veal!!!!

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank claudia d
Mississauga, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“my favorite resturant in milton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I have been to La Toscana several times, and is one of my favorite places to take friends, and family who have never been before. The staff are very friendly, informative, quick and knowledgeable.
The food has never failed. Oyster / are to die for! ( that's if you like oysters)
They have amazing specials that they change every day!

Worth the drive!

** and to the comment below “My review has changed"
I don't think the owners have ever changed its always been Tony and...Pasquale? hope i spelt that right! =)

• Visited April 2013
Cleveland, OH
“Nice little find on Main St”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stopped in here for a business lunch and was pleased with the initial impression I saw. The server was very friendly, told us about the specials and took our drink order. I started with a caprese salad then the garlic and pesto ravioli with the spicy red sauce... that sauce was spicy but very flavorful. I finished up my meal with an excellent tiramisu dessert. I would not hesitate eating here again when in the Milton area.

• Visited May 2013