“My new favorite relaxing gettaway spot”
Review of Massey Motel

Massey Motel
Massey Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Massey
Barrie
“My new favorite relaxing gettaway spot”
Reviewed May 30, 2009

My grilfriend and I recently decided to spur of the moment, just get away for a couple of days and take a drive up North for some much needed R&R. We had just about had enough of travelling in the car when we spotted the Massey motel. We were pleasantly surprised to see that we were treated just like family, the hotel owners were so accomadating and the rooms were of excellent quality and value. We feel like we've found a new spot to travel to whenever we need to relax and enjoy the wonderful atmosphere in Massey, ON. A great family-oriented motel which understands/caters to the travelor who just needs to gettaway from it all.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelbugBarrie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
alberta
Reviewed May 11, 2009

I was absolutely appalled by this motel. When I checked in the room was frigid, when I went to put my own comforter on the bed I discovered little crustacean bugs in the bed. Absolutely disgusting! When I brought it to the attention of staff, I was told it was because they had new cleaning staff??? When I demanded a refund, having only been in the room for 20 minutes, I was told I would be charged for the entire night.
I should have notified the local health authority, but didn't. The owner decided it was in his best interest to give me my refund, but his grand daughter was quite rude.
Never again!

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
5 Thank keeponrollin
MasseyMotel, Owner at Massey Motel, responded to this review, December 18, 2010
Sir,

I am saddened that you would decide to write a review at a property that you didn't in fact stay at. The owner does not have a granddaughter and we have owned the property for 6 1/2 years.

In regards to the bug comment, one of our regular customers is in fact a health inspector who inspects motels in the area. We have never had bugs in our beds and pride ourselves as being one of the cleanest motels across Hwy 17 West.

Before leaving comments on motels, please be sure to check that you have the correct business, instead of leaving hurtful and harmful comments such as the ones above.

Travelers are raving about these Massey hotels

Massey, Ontario
Reviewed October 1, 2008

Friendly Owners..
Clean, Internet.
Rate as 3 out of 5
Pay what you get
Would I use again----YES
Steve McLellan-Independant -Operator- Truck Driver

• Liked — On Hwy 17
  • Disliked — Nothing bad to say
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank AsphaltAnimal
North Carolina
Reviewed August 22, 2008

Check your credit card statement carefully after staying at the Massey Motel. While biking through Ontario my friend and I stayed at the Massey Motel. Later, after receiving my credit card statement I found an unknown charge for $28.25. I called the motel and was informed the charge was for pizza stains on two wash clothes and an unknown yellow stain on a bath towel. (The yellow spot was from drying my bar of Dial bath soap prior to putting it in its travel case.) The motel management claimed the items were not salvageable.

I'm disputing these ridiculous charges with VISA, but never having had the need to do so I can't imagine the outcome.

P.S. I personally spend 50-100 nights per year in a hotel/motel and have NEVER had a charge like this.

• Disliked — the management policies
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank NCRoadstar
MasseyMotel, owner at Massey Motel, responded to this review, April 18, 2009
Sir,

The items were not salvagable. We tried very hard to remove the pizza stains from the towels and were unable to do so. Towels are not disposables.

We would have been happy to supply you with napkins or rags, should you have asked.
I am sure you wouldn't use your own bathroom towels to clean up food messes at home.

All hotels and motels charge if there are damages done to the unit or items in the room.

I hope that you are more curteous the next time you stay at a motel or hotel and respect the owners property.

Massey Motel Management
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 4, 2005

What a pleasant surprise it was to find this quaint motel on our way to Sudbury. The rooms are very modern and spotless clean which was just lovely. The owners of the Massey Motel were so helpful and made us feel so very welcome. Free continental breakfast in the morning as well. This is our #1 stop from now on as we make the trip twice a year. Highly recommend the place!

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Massey
Manitoulin Hotel & Conference Centre
#1 of 1 in McKerrow
Waterfalls Lodge
Waterfalls Lodge
#1 of 5 in Spanish

Been to Massey Motel? Share your experiences!