“Pleasantly Surprised in Kirkland Lake, ON”
Review of The Dish Cafe

The Dish Cafe
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
New Brunswick
“Pleasantly Surprised in Kirkland Lake, ON”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I travel a lot! Usually when I head to smaller towns I have a choice between something with gravy or combo number 3 with Honey Garlic Ribs. So I find "The Dish" and decided to give them a try. Just out of sheer culinary boredom, I said to the server, who happens to be a partner, "Tell the chef to cook me anything that brings him joy". It's funny because when I have used this approach in the past, I usually end up with a traditional Steak Frites. Not at The Dish. Service began with a delicious Shrimp and Chorizo appetizer. I am not a big fan of chorizo, I had a one night conversion. The flavors were beautifully married with marinated red peppers. Main course was beef with perfectly herbed slice roasted potatoes and asparagus wrapped in Prosciutto and presentation was five star all the way. The portions were large and unexpected. So as I finished my last five bites- It Hurt, but in a really good way. I had to wait for desert, not because of poor service, but because I was enjoying a fantastic meal. Desert was a flour-less chocolate cake. Wow. I hope the local folks will support The Dish because support will be rewarded with tasty, fresh five star food in their own hometown.

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank NewBrunswickJane

Kirkland Lake ON Canada
“Diamond in the ruff!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This small (24 seats) restaurant is a breath of fresh air for KL. Fabulous menu selection, good balance of food choices (meats, fish, poultry and vegetarian), welcoming and courteous service, mystery of choice since menu changes daily. Been there a dozen times and never encountered a problem or food left on plates by all accompanying me. Been there for service for 2, 10 and, yes, even 20 for a private function: the quality of foods and service was always top notch regardless of numbers. A very special ambiance and extremely nice to have our youth return north to spoil us with their skills and professionalism! Out of town guests rave about The Dish...time for all to discover it on their own.

1 Thank Serge et Pat M
Kirkland Lake, Ontario, Canada
“Another FANTASTIC night out for Clark girls!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Once again, for the fourth time with my mother, we have come away smacking our lips and in love with the whole scrumptious package. Very accommodating with all of my allergies and health issues. Fantastic and friendly service, lovely atmosphere, and a chef who clearly knows what he is doing and bends over backwards to provide a unforgettable experience. I highly recommend visiting if you are interested in a fantastic experience.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Lynda M
Kirkland Lake, Ontario, Canada
“Valentine's Day”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Took the one i loved out for a romantic dinner on valentine's day.the service and the food was top notch.the night was the best for both myself and my spouse.will be enjoying another meal there soon.

2 Thank Paul M
Ontario, Canada
“Fabulous Experience”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This restaurant is unlike any others found in the area. The menu is very small, but it changes daily. The service is very good; the servers anticipated my desires and I never had to request a refill of my water. The chef takes great pride in his work; and as a result, the food is creative, highly appealing in presentation, and delightfully surprising in the balance of sweet and savoury. Prepare to pay significantly for the pleasure of dining here. The relaxing ambiance, sounds, great service, and the fabulous food is well worth the treat.

1 Thank MotheroftheFae