“Kirkland Lake Inn”

Super 8 Kirkland Lake
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Kirkland Lake
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I have stayed at the Kirkland Lake Inn on many occasions and found the staff to be quite friendly and helpful. They have great food and many services they offer to make your stay a good one. I will definitely be going back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank tldanis

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We made a trip to Kirkland Lake in the course of our business. I researched the area hotels and discovered there were two. I read reviews of both, and decided to visit the websites. I found the website for KL Inn & Suites to be informative. I liked the look of the lobby, and decided to phone. I am very glad I did. The gentleman who answered the phone could not have been more helpful. The rates were good, and so we decided to give it a try.

We had no expectations, as we had read reviews both good and bad,and we realize Kirkland Lake is a small town in Northern Ontario, and is not filled with hotels on the scale of a Hilton or Sheraton as would a location like Toronto. Having said that, we were pleasantly surprised by the KL Inn & Suites.

Check-in was very quick. Our room was very near a main entrance, and we were able to park our vehicle right outside our window.

The room was neat and tidy, and, I am happy to say, odour free. It had brand new carpet. The room was updated and had a king sized bed. I was particularly impressed by the embroidered sheets. They must be a high thread count as they were extremely soft. There was a duvet with a matching quilt. It was very nice. The bed was very comfortable.

The shower was sparkling clean and obviously brand new, as was the sink and countertop.

There was a flat screen tv with an excellent cable channel line up.

The climate control system worked great!

There was a newer bar fridge and Keurig coffee machine in the room as well. Both were spotless.

We had fantastic wi-fi, which was important as we were there on business. As we asked for a corporate room, there was a desk and nice office chair. The closest I could come to a "complaint" would be that there should be a light on the desk, but it was not a big deal.

The staff were pleasant and I am certain if we had any issues, which we did not, they would have been dealt with right away.

We will be returning to this hotel in the future when we have business again in Kirkland Lake, and we would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: I would recommend that you select a corporate room, as I understand those rooms have recently been r...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
7  Thank dburke1011
KULDEEP KD S, Manager at Super 8 Kirkland Lake, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thanks a tonn for such a detailed review. I am glad you had a great stay.
Just to update, the entire main building has been extensively renovated now.
We have brand new bedding, linens,Washrooms and there is a 39'' TV in every single room now.
Our restaurant is also open now, so you don't have to go anywhere for Dinning.
We also serve FREE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST FROM 5 AM TO 10 AM.

For such a detailed review, I would like to offer you a 20% DISCOUNT ON YOUR NEXT VISIT.

Regards
KD

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed here because the Comfort Inn was under construction. For the money, it was definitely not worth it. The rooms were outdated, the fan in the bathroom was broken, the tub was rusting, the carpets were dirty, the tiles in the bathroom were cracked, and they floors squeak like crazy. You could get an updated room for $50 more but I don't think it's worth it.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We came into Kirkland Lake past supper time with no reservations and passed the other crowded motel on our way in so figured we would not get accommodations there. I didn't realize there were only 2 motels until I went on line to see where we could go. We were fortunate due to the negative reviews to be able to get a room here. It was clean, bedding was fine, price was right and the hotel staff were great with us. The only complaint I would say we had was that we were right next to the exit and started hearing people leaving from 5AM on. They seemed to have no consideration for other motel guests. One guest also had very muddy, greasy boots and you think he might have thought to wipe them on the mat before trekking down the halls but that obviously was too much work for him.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sappy528
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Last time I stayed the head board fell off the wall and hit me on the head. When I mentioned it to the front desk in the morning to the two women working there. One just shrugged her shoulders and the other turned around and went in the office. I got the feeling they get a lot of complaints. Discovered the purposed of white bathroom caulking, it seemed to be everywhere and what was holding it together. Not worth the money at any price.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Homesick13
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Funny to see the fact that there are only 2 hotels in KL, should probably be a couple more. Even more odd is the price discrepancy between the 2. Despite KL Inn's obvious advantage, they have never appeared complacent in their treatment of guests. The staff is quite friendly and the hotel is in a perfect location, just steps from downtown. Because I am a dirty smoker, I am relegated to the "annex", which is the part that hasn't been updated. Nonetheless, the rooms are clean and quiet.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank tormeys
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I was actually referred to this hotel, and couldn't figure out why. There was mold on the bathroom floor, stains on the carpets and to top it all off, I came home with a terrible rash all over my body. NEVER again will I stay at this hotel, nor would I ever recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
#2 of 3 in Kirkland Lake
Englehart Motel
Englehart Motel
#1 of 1 in Englehart

Been to Super 8 Kirkland Lake? Share your experiences!