“Avoid this location”

Dining options: Reservations
Thamesford, Canada
“Avoid this location”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This family restaurant leaves a lot to be desired. We went July 3rd, 2012. The interior is very dated. The only thing this place had going for it was the view. My husband ordered the Perch it was soggy and flavorless. I order "the special" it was suppose to be Prime Rib. It was over done, thinly sliced roast beef, drowning in thick gravy . We both ordered the roasted potatoes, they were boiled potatoes tossed in lemon. This was not a cheap meal and was no way near what anyone would say is value for the money.This was very disappointing. We will definitely not return!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Steele65

Windsor,Ontario,
“Average Food but Good service”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

They should try harder with the food--Greek food is a far cry from Greektown in Detroit..nice view if you don't minde mountains of gravel in the harbour at Kingsville.

Visited January 2012
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
“All time favorite”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

My all time favorite resturant in the area. With a patio and view of the lake. Half of the summer the ferry to Pelee Island comes in right next to this beautiful resturant. They also have a pond inside and a private room with views of the lake that you can book for private functions.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank NobleKHL
Kingsville, Canada
“Our Aniversary!”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The meal was great, yellow perch, some wine, good service and excellent company!!!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Jo N
Ontario
“Fair experience but did not live up to referral. A balanced review...”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We were encouraged to try out the new menu at King's Landing, since having not eaten there in years. We went for dinner last night. My husband and I were seated quickly and the candle was lit, drinks ordered right away. It was 7 pm and there were several diners. The waitress had little affect and did not greet us warmly or elaborate on anything on the menu, drink specials or cuts of meat. She took our order with little interest and we were served our bread a few miutes later. The bread was warm but very dry. It was served with many pots of hard butter. The bread was not replaced when we finished it.
Our small salads arrived, fresh romaine and crunchy vegetables, it was good. The greek dressing was tasty. Our main course came a bit later, my husband ordered the lamb. The lamb medallions looked burnt and he said they were not tasty at all. There was no mint sauce or side sauce to add to the lamb. He had a side of frozen beans (surprising given the price of the dish) and rice pilaf. The rice was bland looking and the whole plate was less than appealing to the eye. After a few bites, my husband identified that he will not be returning, the price for a plate and what arrived was not at all what he would have expected.
My dinner of 10 oz. angus sirloin was better. My meat was cooked perfectly to medium and was very well seasoned, it tasted great! Again, the frozen beans were not expected, perhaps asparagus spears or an in-season vegetable. My baked potato was hot and tasted fine.
We were asked if we wanted dessert, we both declined. No dessert specials or after dinner drinks or coffees were offered.
We asked for our bill and then waited at least fifteen minutes before I asked a bus girl to find our waitress to allow us to pay our bill. The waitress attended our table moments later, without any discussion, took my husband's credit card and proceeded with the transaction. She thanked us and we were on our way.
The view is fine, the gravel at the loading docks is visible but this is the Kingsville scenery at this particular end of the town, so they have made the best of the lakeside view with large picture windows. I think the outdoor seating in the summertime would be nice, perhaps their lunch fair would be better?
With other options in Kingsville to eat, Jack's and The Main restaurants being just two that I love, we are unlikely to make a point to attend King's Landing in the future. If we are invited, with a group though, it would be an okay place to re-visit.

• Visited April 2012