“Perfect”

Merlis' Coffeehouse & Eatery
Cuisines: Cafe, Canadian, Healthy, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Merlis' Coffeehouse & Eatery specializes in healthy small batch gourmet as well as organic coffee, cappuccinos and lattes. Our food is made from scratch and is fresh daily. We offer a wide range of homecooking and desserts including vegetarian and glutten free meals. Merlis' takes extreme pride in supporting our community by purchasing at local farms & produce stands, showcasing local artwork and performances by local musicians.
Leamington, Canada
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

Merli's was suggested to me by a nail tech in a neighbouring business so when a couple of friends and I were looking for a central location to meet for lunch, we chose Merlis. How lucky for us! The food is unique but not "out there". I had the best grilled cheese in my life! I could almost call it decadent. So yummy. Service was outstanding. We spent over 2hours there, and our table was visited frequently to see if we needed anything. Not so much so that it was annoying but just enough so that we felt welcome and appreciated. I look forward to another opportunity to return to this establishment.

• Visited January 2014

Amherstburg, Canada
“Merli's Coffeehouse and Eatery in Kingsville, ON”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

I had my first supper at Merli's last week, on January 15, 2014 and it was a fabulous experience! I am a vegetarian and he served the best meatless loaf I have had in a very long time. He uses fresh ingredients and the flavours were fabulous. I also topped it off with a lovely cup of Earl Grey tea. One of the best parts of the restaurant is that you are surrounded by walls of beautiful and interesting art. The artists get most of the revenue and the rest (10%) goes to the local art community in Kingsville! Frank Merlihan, the owner, is very friendly and has created a great place which is definitely worth the visit. Being an artist, I really appreciate what he is doing for the community!
Treat yourself soon! Katherine R.

• Visited January 2014
Kingsville, Canada
“Terrific delivery service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

full marks for packaging and attempts at value added with music,liquor license and works on the wall. PLEASE hold the cinnamon.

Visited December 2013
Kingsville, Canada
“For the food connoisseur!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

We are thrilled the Merli's is finally on Trip Advisor! If you are in the mood for "food for the soul" then this is the place for you! It is prepared fresh daily and unlike other restaurants, offers a good variety of options of breakfasts, lunch and dinner instead of a "bazillion" food items which are frozen or prepped hours before...at Merli's, you can be assured to eat THE FRESHEST ! The first time I met "Merli" (Frank) was in the nail salon....this pleasant and friendly individual visits all the neighbours to inform them of his daily specials, takes order and even delivers them on a tray with realy dishes and cutlery using a dome to keep the food warm. It's so cool! Merli doesn't realize this, but the extra special attention to details it what makes him different than any other establishment in Kingsville. I placed my order with Merli and went to pick it up. To my delight, the flavours and the smell packed such a punch that i just couldn't wait to sink my teeth into this food!
OH MY GOD!! Yum! Also, when I entered the restaurant/coffee house, the smell was so warm and inviting...made me remember going to mom's house for dinner. The food is exquisite. The service impeccable....Merli and his staff are such a welcome addition to the many attractions that Kingsville has to offer. Personally, you will be so impressed with anything and everything that your order. Recently, my husband and I had a very romantic luncheon getaway ...I had the quiche du jour while my husband had the chicken parmesan sandwich with the homemade soup....AGAIN...OMG!! The soup? To die for! It was homemade, chicken pastina with real chicken morsels and vegetables...better than mom's...(sorry mom)...my quiche was superb! Being French, I am familiar what quiche is suppose to taste like and Merli sure knows his quiche unlike another establishment who microwaved theirs (Jack's)....VEGETARIAN SELECTIONS!! HURRAY!
FINALLY!! Homemade vegetarian dishes and there are more to come. Merli uses the freshest ingredients which he buys locally so that he can support local business. Frank is a class act !
The reason why Kingsville restaurants do so well is because they encourage each other trying to offer something different so not to compete against each other! That's genius! In addition, Merli speaks highly of all of his restauranteur colleagues! Way to go Merli and welcome to our neighbourhood. So glad that you decided to set up shop here!!! GO TO MERLI'S AND YOU WON'T REGRET IT!! Until next time readers!!
Not sure about reservations or brunch...but it's a very welcoming place for everyone! It's definitely my favourite place...and it's in my neighbourhood!! Oh, we've been there a ton of times....Merlis' just recently joined Trip Advisor....but things are still excellent as the first time I ate there!

• Visited October 2013