“Saki Sushi - A Wonderful Japanese Experience”
Review of Sake Sushi

Sake Sushi
Ranked #16 of 51 Restaurants in Kingsville
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I were fortunate to be able to travel to Okinawa several years ago. Given that we had family living in Okinawa, we were able to stay for four weeks. Of course, we availed ourselves of the wonderful Japanese food and wondered where we would be able to find such food in Canada.

Having heard about a new Kingsville restaurant called Saki Sushi, we decided to give it a try. We were extremely pleased from the moment that we walked through the door. Saki Sushi is a small but very well appointed Japanese restaurant. Their menu consists of all forms of Japanese food and goes from the tradition to the more Canadian versions for those people unable or unwilling to try authentic Japanese dishes.

And, as an added bonus, there is one price for their lunch menu as well as one price for their dinner menu. Saki Sushi is an all-you-can-eat restaurant and all the food is made as you place your order. We have been there several times and will certainly continue to return time and again.

3  Thank David H

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Food is delicious! There is a huge selection! Very creative. The service is another thing. After a few orders they tend to avoid your table. Also, there is no debit so not very convenient.

1  Thank Cindy H
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Tried this place for the first time today...The menu is nothing you haven't seen before... not a huge selection and nothing too original. BUT when the food comes, it is delicious! Really, really good. No complaints about the food. The service, however, was lacking quite a bit. I don't know if our waitress just knew nothing about the menu or if there was a language barrier, but she could not answer a single question we had about the food. And I don't mean to sound rude, I know it was a warm day but she must've forgotten her deodorant, which made it hard to keep my appetite whenever she'd come to the table. I wish the service was as good as the food, but if I'm ever out that way and craving sushi, I'll probably still go again.

2  Thank Samantha H
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Never thought I would every go into let alone eat sushi. I was ignorant I guess and one of my granddaughters decided to extend my education of food. It was her birthday and as is my tradition I take each of my 9 grandchildren out for a one to one meal to enjoy conversation with them away from all distractions. She wanted to go to Sake Sushi where she had been on a couple of occasions. My first reaction was to shake my head but a promise is a promise since I always allow them to pick the restaurant. So Sake Sushi it was. I was stunned. The buffet style selections were delicious. I let her choose each item and was not disappointed. I came home and told my wife that I was hooked. The location may fool you as it is in a very unassuming small strip type retail building halfway between the towns of Kingsville and Leamington. I loved it.

1  Thank Jim H
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The food comes quickly, but it is just average for sushi. When I asked for sugar with my green tea, which is the only tea available, I was told by the male server that green tea is not drank with sugar. He brought me the sugar in a small bowl with no spoon. I like authentic, but I should be able to get sugar and a spoon if I desire. Koi Sushi is more expensive, but much better and the staff are friendlier.

2  Thank polywooda