“A taste of Italy”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We showed up on a Friday night shortly after 6 without a reservation and the place was about one third filled. By 7, it was practically full, which was a good sign. The mussel/calamari/shrimp/scallops with white wine sauce was very good, although very light on the shrimp and scallops. The dressing and veggie combination for the caparese salads was also very good and would make a nice light lunch on a hot summer day. We shared a pizza with artichokes, mushrooms, olives, etc and really liked the thin crust. The tiramisu was DIVINE.....last time I had tiramisu that good was in Verona Italy. We were sitting near the front door and got blasted by cold air everytime it opened, so that was annoying (but probably only happens a few times a year in this southern town). All in all, a good meal.

1  Thank eagertraveller37
There are newer reviews for O'Sarracino Trattoria & Wine

Reviewed February 5, 2013

A very nice restaurant and good atmosphere. We are always pleased with our meals and the service is very good as well. A very nice choice to have in our town.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Food has always been excellent! It was the noise factor that caused and problem and they have corrected it. We had dinner New Years Eve and it was a full house, we could have a conversation will all that was at our table.
Looks good too!
Recommend

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I visited O Serracino on the recommendation of a friend, and was not disappointed. My zuppo del dia was hot and tasty and accompanied by fresh mini loaves of bread with a balsamic dip, my caesar salad was fresh with just the right amount of dressing, and the gnocchi quatro formaggi was divine......I had no room for dessert but what I saw others having made me wish I did, and the cappucino finished off the meal nicely. The staff were friendly and attentive and the ambiance added to the experience......nothing I could fault and I would not hesitate to go back and try something else off their varied menu

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I went last night (Friday Oct 26) with a large party (there were 9 of us). I had called earlier in the week for a reservation and was asked if we could come 30 minutes earlier than we originally had wanted in order to get the best service for our group. We arrived at 5:30, the earlier time we were asked to come at. At first the service was excellent however as the restaurant filled up we found it increasingly difficult to get the attention of our server, Rachel (whose name I got off my bill, not because she'd given it to us when she came to take our orders). There are no complaints with the food at this restaurant - I have eaten here before and have had two fantastic meals. On a side note the first time I ate here it was at 5 pm on a Thursday and I was in a party of 3 (I think both factors make a difference). Last night I had ordered the salmon and because I've been on a no-carb diet I asked for double vegetable in lieu of potatoes. When the food came out, my salmon was resting on a large bed of mashed potatoes and when I pointed this out to Rachel, she seemed very surprised as if she'd forgotten that this was what I had ordered. Having been a server for ten years of my own life, I wouldn't have allowed that plate to leave the kitchen with the wrong food on it. She was very quick to run back to get me a second helping of the vegetable but that doesn't change the fact that I had to scrape mashed potato off of my salmon. Another of my group was very annoyed with the fact that once we were finished she was not offered coffee, tea or dessert but others were. And in the end it was a damn good thing we'd gotten the extra 30 minutes because we waited about 30 minutes for our bills to come (and for some of us that was waiting with no coffee/tea/dessert). When Rachel came out with the bills, she informed us that as a group larger than 8, the 15% gratuity had already been added. I know many restaurants do this automatically for large parties but that should not become a reason for a server to ignore that group. She did not receive extra tip from any of us and she would have had we received the attention from her that we had started with. It would also be nice if the bus people could do more as they are often always available on the floor but we didn't need more water or bread, we wanted coffee/tea/dessert. Again, the food was excellent (if they get your order right - the salmon was delicious once I'd managed to rid it of all those nasty potatoes) but I guess two things to consider are go early and go in a small group to get better service.