“Great meal”

Jack's Gastropub
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in Kingsville
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Kingsville, Ontario's premier luxury boutique style bed & breakfast accommodations & Gastropub restaurant.
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Our daughter took us here after we had been travelling for 2 weeks. The food was exceptional, the choice of unique good tasting beers phenomenal and the ambiance in the old house wonderful. I had their signature burger which was delicious, my daughter who had the fish and chips said they were tasty, and my husband who is a wing connoisseur said they were the best wings he has had in a long time. This is a great place to relax and have a great meal.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

It had been a long time since we had been to Jack's Gastropub.

They were recently featured on the Food Network TV show "You Got To Eat Here" where they highlighted several of their menu items including the Brisket Stroganoff (with local mushrooms and stout) and the New England Smothered Chicken. Both looked very good so we decided it was time to get back there to try these items.

Very disappointed that both are not on the menu. Our waitress advised that the show was taped last year and since then they have changed the menu. She also advised us that we were not the first to ask for these items since the recent airing of the TV show.

I appreciate that they are trying to keep the menu fresh but with all of the hype surrounding the show, Jack's dropped the ball on this one by not having these items on the menu. They ought to have known that people would watch the TV show and come in looking for these items on the menu. Disappointing when you watch menu items featured on a TV show and they don't have them anymore.

1  Thank MyTravelTrips
jacksgastropub, Owner at Jack's Gastropub, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Thanks for joining us at Jacks and sorry you were disappointed. Your server was correct....the show filmed over a year ago and all of the items shown on the show do make it to our menu over the course of the year. We have been in business for over 23 years and have changed our menu quarterly to take advantage of seasonal local products since we opened in 1989. We were thrilled and flattered to be approached by the show and certainly appreciate the opportunity but never would change how we operate because of it.
Our Spring menu began April 1st, 2014 and our Summer menu will begin the first week of July. We do intend on offering a few items that are summer themed that did appear on the show and probably would have on the Spring menu if we would have been given any sort of advance notice on the date they planned to air the show. Unfortunately we had no more advance notice on the schedule airing then anyone else and found out well into May that it would be airing in June.
So in a nut shell we do apologize and if you ever are in the area over the summer months we will have a few items that debuted on the show available and certainly will be offering our Brisket Stroganoff as we always do through the fall and winter.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Very nice atmosphere. Staff friendly and helpful. Great selection of draught beer even one brewed on premises. Food good. Chowder was excellent. Hamburgs are very good. Beer battered fish was heavy on the breading and not very flavourful.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

There are so many things to love about Jack's but make a reservation so you won't be disappointed. The menu is interesting and varied...great takes on common things. Even their cocktails are a delicious experiment. The porch seating has heaters and shawls draped on the chairs for cooler evenings. The service is usually good but I find on busier nights it can be a little challenging. It may take a while to get your meal and sometimes things are forgotton. When you can catch the waitress it is dealt with quickly. There's lots of street parking (the parking lot is tiny) and the whole ambience is of people having a lovely time.
We have a cottage in Wheatley and it is worth the drive to Kingsville to eat here. We love it so much we are members...which gives you access to items not on the public menu and discounts.
Go!
Join!

2  Thank canajungirl54
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I have no knowledge about this very cute town of Kingsville and decided to ask the staff at the Tourist Bureau at Pelee Winery where my friends and I can have a nice lunch ... my requirements were a local restaurant, not a chain, which served good food at reasonable prices. And he recommended Jack's. Jack's is located in a very old house, built in 1907, located just a little bit west from downtown Kingsville. the pub was busy when we arrived and we decided to have our meal at the patio. It was a bit cool but it was such a gorgeous sunny spring day and it was great to dine outdoors.

Our waitress was really warm and friendly. My friends all wanted to try the perch and the cod. One or two tried something else. The servings were more than reasonable. I had the red potato with bacon/wild leeks soup as a starter. It was hearty and flavourful. I got a huge slice of the cod with lots of french fries and a good serving of coleslaw which was really delicious and fresh. My friends and I were happy ... a few of them had to pack leftovers since the servings were too big.

I can definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who likes pub food.

1  Thank KathleenR_28