“Upscale for the Area”

Jack's Gastropub
Ranked #1 of 50 Restaurants in Kingsville
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Kingsville, Ontario's premier luxury boutique style bed & breakfast accommodations & Gastropub restaurant.
Uniontown
“Upscale for the Area”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Planned dinner here on a long weekend from OH. Didn't know about the tall ships being in town this weekend! So, I can't say if the crowd was normal but it was packed! Service was a bit slow but they did get us a table quickly. No air conditioning to beware. We had a table outside. It was quite hot this day. I ordered the Lake Erie perch and my wife had the cod. Both were properly cooked and presented. The pepper cod was better than the perch. Both fried. The perch flavor was lost in the fried coating. Sweet potato fries that accompanied were good. Adequate amounts of food, but a bit small for the prices. Dessert was a surprise. Jack's brownie sundae is huge and good, if you like chocolate!

1 Thank Daniel B

Mississauga
“Pelee Island Getaway weekend”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

While staying at Inn 31, we decided to eat at Jack`s. We had neglected to make a reservation, and called late to get a table for six. They were full, but said they`d fit us in after 8pm - that was fine for us. While having cocktails in the Inn31, though, they came up and told us a table was ready earlier - great service! The food was amazing. Everyone picked something different, and everyone was thoroughly enjoying their meal. I had the burger special, and it was one of the best burgers I`ve had all summer. The accompanying fries were crispy and nicely salted. The onion rings passed around the table were great, too. The nacho appetizer we shared was amazing. Everyone liked the restaurant so much, we came back the second night! We recommend Jack`s!

Visited August 2013
London, Canada
“Not sure what the fuss is about?”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We dined here for dinner on a Saturday evening. Despite having made a reservation, a table wasn't ready for us. The restaurant is a very busy spot, but I'm not sure why?

We waited 20 minutes to be served at the bar (my husband was so pissed he didn't leave the bartender a tip for the first time in his life!) & then went to sit on this "overflow" patio outside. Question: If you're so busy you need an overflow patio, why not use it for customers to eat dinner?

We probably waited about 40 minutes passed the point when our reservation was supposed to be for. Finally, a table was ready. Our server was very nice & prompt, so clearly bad service isn't a common thread (only the host & bar tender need some training on this).

Our meal was mediocre/average. My husband & I can't fathom why people go nuts for this place. The food was nothing interesting or innovative. It was good quality & tasted fine, but it certainly didn't knock my socks off or make me wish to go back.

This restaurant remains a mystery to me!

1 Thank trvlwrldgrl
Leamington, Canada
“MMMM good burgers!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Great burgers! Mine was with caramelized onions and mushrooms accompanied by nice crisp fries.Loaction is great , right in downtown Kingsville, across from the Art Gallery and a dance studio. Lake Erie and a beautiful Lakeside Park are two minutes away by car, maybe 10 minutes walking.

Visited July 2013
Wheatley, Ontario, Canada
“Anniversary dinner”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Fantastic dinner tonight! Great service even though you were insanely busy. Thanks for being most accommodating for our large party!