“Worth the drive.”

Jack's Gastropub
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in Kingsville
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Kingsville, Ontario's premier luxury boutique style bed & breakfast accommodations & Gastropub restaurant.
Reviewed October 9, 2012

When we decide to go for a long car ride where we stop is at Jack's this would be our second trip here and well worth it's amazing service incredible and apparently wasp free in October environment you complainers have no clue what is fine. And probably find any place unacceptable. We absolutely would recommended to everybody and those who don't like it and just cook for yourself. Service food music amazing. Db

2  Thank Buddywackit

Reviewed September 15, 2012

From walking in the front door into an old house converted to the food that was served to us in a timley manner and with a smile.It was a great meal.The gourmet ice cream was a great way to finish the great meal

Reviewed September 15, 2012

On our recent visit to Kingsville at the beginning of September, my wife and I stopped in at Jack's, the #1-rated restaurant in this small, south-western Ontario town. Being a warm, late- summer evening, we were glad to get a table on the outdoor patio area at the front of the old Victorian-style mansion where Jack's is located, just of Main Street. The landscaping and decor was quite inviting and the place was running a brisk business , as almost all seating, both indoors and out was taken.

Given the excellent reviews we'd read on Tripadvisor, we were expecting a fabulous meal. Wait staff were brisk and friendly as they scurried in and out with orders. When my wife's Pulled Pork dinner and my Lake Erie Po Boy Perch arrived, we dug in with gusto. Unfortunately, what she had ordered as medium rare came out as very well done and tough. While my perch sandwich was delicious, we found that the portions of food, togther with copious quantities of french fries with each dish was just too much food for us. In addition, we were bothered by several pesky hornets that kept buzzing around us towards the end of our meal.

Overall, we were somewhat disappointed in the overall dining experience at Jjack's and would rate our meal at nearby Annabelle's the evening before as better.

3  Thank curtiejoe
jacksgastropub, Owner at Jack's Gastropub, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Sorry for your dissappointment. I am glad you enjoyed your Po Boy Sandwich, it has certainly been a great addition to our Summer Menu. As far as the Pull'd Pork goes, I apologize that your wife didn't enjoy it. We probably should have better explained that this item isnt offered medium rare as we slow roast our pork shoulders 4-5 hours to allow the meat to become fork tender. I will look into the fact that she found it tough as this should not be the case. As for the bees....I agree, they did become a bit of an annoyance towards the end of summer......seems to be the case each year with our outdoor patio.....I am sure it has to do with the fact that our patio is surrounded by the gardens.....please let us know in advance next time and we can find you a great spot on our open air porch where the bees seem to not visit as often.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Fantastic food and service.
The initial welcome needs some refining - you may have to wait while someone checks into the inn portion of the business.
Good food and very friendly knowledgeable wait staff.

1  Thank Peter G
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I was there this week and had the feature burger with brisket on top...delicious ( as always ). I always enjoy our visits to Jack's and sitting out on the porch.
Love the Ephemere on tap.

Been to Jack's Gastropub? Share your experiences!