“The King of Kingsville”

Jack's Gastropub
Ranked #1 of 50 Restaurants in Kingsville
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Kingsville, Ontario's premier luxury boutique style bed & breakfast accommodations & Gastropub restaurant.
Whitby, Canada
“The King of Kingsville”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Fantastic food and service.
The initial welcome needs some refining - you may have to wait while someone checks into the inn portion of the business.
Good food and very friendly knowledgeable wait staff.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Peter G

Windsor
“Great Food and Service as always.....”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I was there this week and had the feature burger with brisket on top...delicious ( as always ). I always enjoy our visits to Jack's and sitting out on the porch.
Love the Ephemere on tap.

• Visited September 2012
Windsor, Canada
“Bad Management”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Unfortunately, even though the waitstaff is great, and the food tastes good, I have to give this restaurant a bad rating due to their horrible Management.
Here is my story.
My boyfriend and I came from Windsor to Kingsville specifically to go to Jacks. I ordered their feature burger and as I am chewing away, I find a huge chunk of GLASS in my food. I spit it out, after probably digesting a bit of it, and told the waitress.
She was very nice and apologetic and she told the manager on duty (which I believe is the wife of the owner) and the manager told her to take the meal off the bill.
I can handle that, however, the manager did not even come out personally to apologize, and actually passed our table a few times before we left without even glancing over at us.
It was rude and unprofessional of the manager to force her wait staff to come over and do the "dirty work" with us.
Even though I think they have a nice set-up there, we will never be back and I will continue to tell my friends and family to stay away. I cannot possibly support a restaurant who does not care about the healthy and safety of their patrons first and foremost.
Finding glass in your food is actually a pretty scary and upsetting thing to happen. I could have swallowed that whole piece. Would the manager have come out then????

• Visited August 2012
6 Thank VMB123
jacksgastropub, Owner at Jack's Gastropub, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thanks for the feedback.........we hands down dropped the ball on your visit and we are extremely sorry that we ruined your evening. We certainly made some poor management decisions trying to deal with the incident rather then the customer which we regret. The only saving grace was that we are fortunate to have great staff who we certainly do trust to handle the best interests of our customers and business....as you mentioned Jessica did a good job trying to salvage your evening. I know that our management team will be in touch with you personally to extend their apologies.
Leamington, Canada
“Atmosphere”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

What a great location and set up for a place like this. In an old home with lots of outdoor eating area.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank John H
Arnprior, Canada
“Having fun with the food”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Nice outside area to eat, good and varied selection of beers. Menu varied, shows someone is having fun with the menu. We would return. Server Rachelle was very good.

Visited August 2012