“Best travel plaza food...maybe ever”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Teriyaki Experience
Ranked #16 of 24 Restaurants in King City
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

The Teriyaki Experience was a nice surprise. I ordered spicy beef udon soup; while I often make this at home it isn't nearly as delicious. The beef and broth were unexpectedly high-quality. My daughter ordered pan-asian shrimp and, unusually for her, almost finished it. It did seem a long wait in line as we were travel-dazed, and the plastic spoons were awkward for eating broth--at home I would have slurped it--because I didn't want to leave a drop. Maybe a bit pricey if the rest of the family had been with us, but for 2 people it was a treat.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stopped at the On Route Rest Stop on Highway 400 north of Toronto for lunch and decided to try the Teriyaki Experience as opposed to a burger, sub or sandwich/donut combo. What a great change. Ordered the Spicy Udon Noodle Soup bowl. Before I finished paying for it, the cook had the ingredients cooking on the flat top in front of the counter and within a few minutes it was ready. Reasonably priced, fast and friendly service, great tasting and healthy food. I will definitely be back to try their other food selections.