“Nice surprise”
Review of The New Rideau Restaurant - CLOSED

The New Rideau Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Canadian, French, European
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Full-service family dining open 7 Days a week, for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Beautiful patio and screened-in porch for outdoor dining. Special occasion and large group celebrations. Watch for our live music and Dine & Dance events.
Ottawa
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Last time we were in this place, I thought it was rather ho-hum and needed a facelift. Food at that time was just average.
Was surprised when we arrived there at the lovely landscaping. Went inside and we were surprised again as it was very clean and welcoming.
I like when you don't have 200 items on a menu to choose from - smaller menu than some places which to me means what they do - they do well.
We both started off with the daily soup (seafood chowder) and it was excellent. I had the schnitzel & my spouse had the prime rib. Everything was great! I especially like that the dinner rolls were served warm. Planning to go back in the near future.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Buddy0

Ottawa, Canada
“Happy Chicken Wings on Wednesdays!”
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Great place for home cooked food. The guys usually order suicide. I order salt & pepper even though they are not on the menu but they'll make them and today I ordered a pound of flats and they delivered! Just awesome with a Corona.

2 Thank Laura3030
Kemptville, Canada
“Food was average, menu was limited. Not a great selection. Preferred the old Rideau Restaurant of 5 years ago menu instead.”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Preferred the old Rideau Restaurant menu of 5 years ago. Better selection and awesome Chinese food.Food was average, with a limited selection. Menu could have been larger.

• Visited April 2014
Kemptville, Canada
“Lunch across the bridge”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

The New rideau Restaurant is just across the bridge from where I live. I have been eager to try the food since the new management took over. I had also heard good things about the food. My wife and I enjoyed a very pleasant lunch today. Our server was a young man named Joost. He did an excellent job looking after us. The food was delivered promptly and the coffee cups were always full. As in most cases where I try a new restaurant, I ordered the clubhouse sandwich. My wife had the onion soup. The clubhouse sandwich was excellent. The fries were great. There is not much else one can say about that. For desert we shared the pannacotta. Now, I have never eaten a pannacotta. Perhaps it is a Dutch traditional desert. I will enjoy this desert many more times in the future, and I may not be inclined to share.

The staff were very friendly, and everything was handled very professionally. The washrooms were very clean and there was lots of room to move around in. The restaurant will have a patio section once the weather starts cooperation. The food was not overpriced.

I was very pleased with The New Rideau Restaurant, and I will be back.

Rick B.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Richard B
“New Management”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

New management, décor, menu. I have eaten here twice now, breakfast and dinner and both times the food was fantastic. Good prices, home made food. I had the fish and chips for dinner and it was awesome. Started off with bowl of tomato and meat ball soup that I could have eaten a barrel full it was so good. Family and friends that were with me all tried different items from the menu and we all left full and very satisfied. I have recommended this place to many other friends and they have all thanked me for it. Keep up the good work.

• Visited March 2014