“Succulant Dishes!”
Review of Comfort By AJ's - CLOSED

Comfort By AJ's
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Globally inspired comfort food served in an intimate setting.
Kemptville, Canada
“Succulant Dishes!”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

My daughter and her family took me to Ajs for my birthday. Well my first time there. The food was absolutely wonderful, mouth watering..the best I have had in a long time...the wine selection was excellent too...The dishes were succulent ! I commend the chef a job well done!! And we cannot forget the pleasant friendly service Jessica thank you for making my time there a lovely experience.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank deerobins

Iroquois, Canada
“Sunday Brunch in Comfort”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We recently enjoyed a Sunday brunch with friends at Comfort by AJ's. We live south of Kemptville so the travel was a commitment but the food and service made it well worth our time and energy. The menu at brunch was limited but the chef seemed willing to make some alterations to my order to accommodate a picky eater. The servings were larger than anticipated but plated quite beautifully so I was not overwhelmed. The decor was cheery and bright with gorgeous yellow napkins.The dinner menu that was posted on the blackboard however looked quite ambitious. Our friends had eaten dinner at the restaurant in the past and reported enormous satisfaction. We will definitely return for dinner.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Brenda K
Toronto, Canada
“Comfort food with a touch of finesse!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Great customer service, very welcoming. A short well thought out menu, with enough variety to satisfy all tastes. The food is fresh, well prepared, and satisfying. It's traditional recognizable fare with a twist.
Comfort's wine list provides a good selection to pare with all courses.
Exceeded our expectations.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank K55andJ60
Kemptville
“Not a great experience”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Four of us decided to try Comfort by A.J.'s last week. When the lamb shepherds pie arrived, our friend who is an excellent cook, commented he wouldn't serve that dish to anyone he cared about. My meal, stuffed pasta shells, would fall into the same category. My husband and another friend ordered the salmon, they didn't mind it. Service is prompt and friendly, food expensive and, in our experience, not too palatable. We won't be going back nor recommending it!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank travelbugs103
“A real gem...food lovers hide-a-way!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Amazing experience...tucked away in little Kemptville. Talented chefs brimming with desire to create fabulous food.
Good service.
We are going back tonight!

• Visited August 2013