“Excellent!”

Nakhon Thai Express
Ranked #9 of 45 Restaurants in Kemptville
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Nakhon Thai is family owned and operated. The owner and head Chef (Tan) comes from the South east coast of Thailand.
Ottawa
“Excellent!”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We've been three times so far and we loved it every time. They have recently moved and we haven't gone to their new location but we're looking forward to dropping in again!

Visited May 2013

Ottawa Canada
“Worth the drive to Kemptville”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My sister who lives in Kemptville suggested we try this restaurant at lunch. We are still speaking. What an excellent choice. I love curry and enjoyed G1 on the menu, yellow curry with potato. With a nice mound of sticky rice. Absolutely delicious. This is oriental food with an attitude. My wife had the Fried rice with egg and mixed vegetables. She did not speak much during the meal, but has not ceased to rave about it. From the excellent menu with pictures and prices (average $12 to $16 Canadian), to the attentive service by beautifully costumed server the entire experience was classy and certainly worth the visit.

• Visited August 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Best Thai Experience”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Went for lunch, a quaint little restaurant that serves Thai cuisine at it's finest. The décor was inspiring, the lady who ended up serving us was dress in it's traditional wardrobe. I choose the yellow coconut curry, delicious. Husband had Pad Thai which he enjoyed. We were not disappointed. It was a busy lunch crowd and could have had an extra server to help share the load, we did have to wait a considerable time to get served and then receive our meals. It was not a disappointment, by far it was one of my best curry that have eaten in the Ottawa area. I would recommend this restaurant and would go back to taste another dish or two. As for the cost it's in the middle of the road, not cheap and not the most expensive.

• Visited July 2013
North Gower
“New Location- Terrible Service”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I posted a glowing review of this place in the past- but I'd like to retract that now. We went to the new, bigger, location on Hwy 43 in Kemptville and had TERRIBLE service. We made a reservation and our party of 3 arrived at 6:25 (for a 6:30 reserve). We were sat and waited for more than 20 minutes...and no one even dropped by to give us water. We got up and left after trying to make eye contact with the serving staff. The place wasn't that busy and there were 4 servers. It looks like their patio and take-out business is at the expense of the dining room customers.

We got up and left. I have never walked out before- but we wanted to eat, so we had to leave.

I am NEVER going back there again. They raised their prices and lowered their service. No thanks.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank NorthGowerMurphy
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Flavours but need slightly bigger portions!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband picked up take out from here as we were both sick, and nothing cures congestion like a little spice! The lunch special curries were good. Great flavour like that I experienced at the kempville food show. My one complaint on that part is that it's a lot more expensive to get shrimp ($3), which I don't understand. Shrimp is not that much more than good quality chicken. Since I only eat free range/ethically raised, I end up opting for seafood. This time my hubby got me tofu, and I felt 10.00 for a lunch special with no meat a bit pricy. The soup we got was amazing, but for almost $6, (again a $3 upgrade if you want shrimp in your soup???) the portion was small and I felt it should haver come with a small side of rice. But great flavours. I hope they work this out, as I do love the flavours.

• Visited March 2013