“Not worth it, anymore”
Review of Riverside Inn

Riverside Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kawartha Lakes
Riverside Inn
Ranked #4 of 22 Kawartha Lakes B&B and Inns
“Not worth it, anymore”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We used to go to the Riverside all the time. Great food and lots of selection.
Just went there and now they are closed for breakfast (WHAT!?) the menu has nothing good on it anymore either. They change it monthly which is annoying.
Not worth the drive anymore.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Alexandra2786

Solo
Business
Haliburton, Canada
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We have eaten at this restaurant many times in the past year and now heading there for my dads birthday
The food is exceptional, good portions for your money and very palet friendly..
The cook/owner has been to our table to ckeck out the food and the service...one the the first times I have not had to white lie and say "very good"
This restaurant has also handled the "work crew" of over more then 40 dinners and I would be one of the crew that would be going again and again...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Laura R
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Having driven by this restaurant many, many times on our way to the cottage and noticing just how busy this restaurant is since being taken over almost (2 years ago I think) we decided to try it once, then twice and now three times and we understand why all the Riverside Inn is busy for either breakfast, lunch and/or especially dinner.
Excellent food, excellent service, great pricing, superb and friendly hosts and a really nice place to dine in. The crab cakes are fantastic and althought an appitizer it can be a meal in itself. All the salads are excellent, the Crispy Beef, the hamburger(s), the fish etc. The menu will suit everyone and the pricing will delight you along with the generous portions. Excellent beers on top and just an overall fun place with a nice mix of patrons.
Oh yes, for dinner, reservations would be recommended. Thumbs up

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard B
Fenelon Falls Ontario
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Cannot say enough good things about the food here. One of the best restaurants I have ever eaten in. First time here our food group did not have one bad thing to say about the food. Went back a second time and the food was as delicious as the first time. Do not eat all day because the portions are quite large. Butter chicken and crispy chicken to die for. You will not regret eating here. Make sure you reserve well in advance because the place is quite busy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Minden, Canada
Reviewed March 21, 2012

This place is great! The food is awesome! A wonderful variety.....and best of all, very reasonably priced to keep you going back! The portions are generous, but not overbearing! The service was great! It is my new favorite restaurant!!! It's a welcome addition to the area restaurants, and the other local restaurants should be worried. I have never driven by this place of late, that it isn't busy!! That alone is a testament to how superb it really is! Lets hope they don't change ANYTHING!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank minden19
Quito
Reviewed September 23, 2011

A delightful discovery, Riverside Inn is located in the Kawartha Lakes area at Norland, Ontario, about 2 hours north east of Toronto. Newly purchased by Chef James and his wife, Margy, the Inn has been wonderfully renovated and welcomes you to its pretty setting across from Gull River.

Chef James has earned such a well deserved reputation in his short tenure that the couple has decided to concentrate on the restaurant for the time being instead of offering accommodation as well in their cozy Inn.

I was an overnight guest there at a family birthday celebration in mid August and was enormously impressed with the friendliness, efficiency, and excellence of both the food and the accommodation. In the afternoon,we enjoyed a variety of delicious hors d'oeuvres in the guest Common Room, and so our appetizer for dinner later was a choice of various salads. This was followed by a choice of steak, fish,lamb,or pork for entree accompanied by a medley of fresh garden vegetables. Our dessert was a special order delicious chocolate birthday cake. We were not rushed at all during our evening although the restaurant was full. Both Margy and James came to our table several times to see if all was well.

Next morning we all came together for breakfast which was just as delicious and as masterfully executed as was the dinner the previous evening. It was outstanding not only for its excellent taste, but also for its variety of choice and generous quantity. The rates for the rooms and for the meals were reasonable, and the overall service and quality were exceptional -- a definite find in rural Ontario!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank canuck42
Lindsay Ontario Canada
Reviewed September 6, 2008

Living outside a major city when one is used to travelling is taxing at best.

I have eaten fine meals in the film district of Paris France to other spots around the world.

What can I say other than this place reminds me of France in a rural part of the world.

Freshly prepared ingredients just as in Paris. I have to get to the place early because just like in Paris.. there is only so much of one item to go around and when it is gone it is gone.

The Chef if a Cordon Bleu French trained chef from Paris and I have to say again being in the middle of nowhere this is exceptional... no I think shocking in a very good way..

I have celebrated birthdays, anniversary's etc. It is my place to take those to impress.

The meals are prepared exquisitely, ingredients are brought in daily and I could find no fault in the execution from the chef. The Garlic loaf is to die for.

I know the place becomes very busy when they put on their food festivals Wild Game Night etc. because if I have not gone..... I cannot get a table... which the number of tables are not that many and allows them to truly cater to their guests.

Ask for a reservation and ask for a fireplace table, my favourite and they have a nice crackling fire on a cold winter night which around here starts early in the season.

The chef regularly comes out to greet her guests and she regularly will ask me how I enjoyed my meal and I love to tell her just how she reminds me of Paris.

Talking with her you can tell she truly loves what she does.

When in rural country Ontario one needs to sample this place.... I only hope she never decides to retire...

I know no other place similar unless I go to Toronto which is 100's of miles away and still she would be one of the better ones there because I have eaten at most there as well.

Bravo to this place. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Goalie_Dad_1