“One of the best Restaurants in the Area” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Riverside Inn

Riverside Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kawartha Lakes
Riverside Inn
Ranked #6 of 23 Kawartha Lakes B&B and Inns
Fenelon Falls Ontario
“One of the best Restaurants in the Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Cannot say enough good things about the food here. One of the best restaurants I have ever eaten in. First time here our food group did not have one bad thing to say about the food. Went back a second time and the food was as delicious as the first time. Do not eat all day because the portions are quite large. Butter chicken and crispy chicken to die for. You will not regret eating here. Make sure you reserve well in advance because the place is quite busy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Minden, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

This place is great! The food is awesome! A wonderful variety.....and best of all, very reasonably priced to keep you going back! The portions are generous, but not overbearing! The service was great! It is my new favorite restaurant!!! It's a welcome addition to the area restaurants, and the other local restaurants should be worried. I have never driven by this place of late, that it isn't busy!! That alone is a testament to how superb it really is! Lets hope they don't change ANYTHING!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank minden19
Quito
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

A delightful discovery, Riverside Inn is located in the Kawartha Lakes area at Norland, Ontario, about 2 hours north east of Toronto. Newly purchased by Chef James and his wife, Margy, the Inn has been wonderfully renovated and welcomes you to its pretty setting across from Gull River.

Chef James has earned such a well deserved reputation in his short tenure that the couple has decided to concentrate on the restaurant for the time being instead of offering accommodation as well in their cozy Inn.

I was an overnight guest there at a family birthday celebration in mid August and was enormously impressed with the friendliness, efficiency, and excellence of both the food and the accommodation. In the afternoon,we enjoyed a variety of delicious hors d'oeuvres in the guest Common Room, and so our appetizer for dinner later was a choice of various salads. This was followed by a choice of steak, fish,lamb,or pork for entree accompanied by a medley of fresh garden vegetables. Our dessert was a special order delicious chocolate birthday cake. We were not rushed at all during our evening although the restaurant was full. Both Margy and James came to our table several times to see if all was well.

Next morning we all came together for breakfast which was just as delicious and as masterfully executed as was the dinner the previous evening. It was outstanding not only for its excellent taste, but also for its variety of choice and generous quantity. The rates for the rooms and for the meals were reasonable, and the overall service and quality were exceptional -- a definite find in rural Ontario!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
4 Thank canuck42
Lindsay Ontario Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2008

Living outside a major city when one is used to travelling is taxing at best.

I have eaten fine meals in the film district of Paris France to other spots around the world.

What can I say other than this place reminds me of France in a rural part of the world.

Freshly prepared ingredients just as in Paris. I have to get to the place early because just like in Paris.. there is only so much of one item to go around and when it is gone it is gone.

The Chef if a Cordon Bleu French trained chef from Paris and I have to say again being in the middle of nowhere this is exceptional... no I think shocking in a very good way..

I have celebrated birthdays, anniversary's etc. It is my place to take those to impress.

The meals are prepared exquisitely, ingredients are brought in daily and I could find no fault in the execution from the chef. The Garlic loaf is to die for.

I know the place becomes very busy when they put on their food festivals Wild Game Night etc. because if I have not gone..... I cannot get a table... which the number of tables are not that many and allows them to truly cater to their guests.

Ask for a reservation and ask for a fireplace table, my favourite and they have a nice crackling fire on a cold winter night which around here starts early in the season.

The chef regularly comes out to greet her guests and she regularly will ask me how I enjoyed my meal and I love to tell her just how she reminds me of Paris.

Talking with her you can tell she truly loves what she does.

When in rural country Ontario one needs to sample this place.... I only hope she never decides to retire...

I know no other place similar unless I go to Toronto which is 100's of miles away and still she would be one of the better ones there because I have eaten at most there as well.

Bravo to this place. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Goalie_Dad_1
Lindsay, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2008

We always enjoy the Riverside Inn. Its appearance is unassuming but the food and service are 5-star. Chef Judith trained at the Cordon Bleu in Paris and brings the tastes of Paris to us. The food is fresh and delicious. The menu changes to reflect seasonal items and themes. Even the vegetables are beautifully prepared. A fresh-baked loaf of bread and garlic butter welcome you to your table. The service is very attentive. The prices are reasonable.

1 Thank lindsaylaw