“We found the property to clean......the continental...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Kapuskasing

Super 8 Kapuskasing
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kapuskasing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Thunder Bay, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

One of the problems with the Super 8 chain is their installing only one elevator. When the elevator doesn't work you are left using the stairs, and of course there is no porter. Add that to finicky magnetic door keys, which meant numerous trips to the front desk, frustrating. These however are teething problems for what is otherwise a very nice place to stay. Breakfast was good, patient front desk staff with a good sense of humour. The owner also operates the Microtel in Timmins.

Room Tip: This hotel sits on Highway 11, if you are a light sleeper get a rear room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Grande Prairie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Although the Super 8 is not a "luxury" 5 star hotel chain, the Super 8 in Kapuskasing is the best value for money hotel I have ever stayed in. Newer, clean, everything in good repair (except the fireplace in the lobby didn't work) the rooms are spacious with comfortable beds and nice linens, bathroom ammenities are supplied as well as a hairdryer plus there is a coffee maker and fixings in each room. The clean hot tub and pool provide a great place to relax. Although there is no restaurant, a good selection of continental breakfast items is provided each morning and A&W is right next door. But what makes this hotel stand out above the rest is the staff, who are second to none! Sue and Chantel were not only friendly and helpful but went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable and welcoming. We were treated like long lost relatives who had stopped by for a warm visit. I highly recommend this hotel and commend them for their quality of service! Excellent!

Room Tip: We had a room on the 3rd floor facing the front of the building (highway 11) and had no issues with...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

First of all let me say I never thought I would stay in a super 8 let alone love it! My husband is a lawyer and we came up to kapuskasing for work. We arrived very late at night and were happy when we pulled up to the hotel so see it looked relatively new. When we checked in there was a lovely young lady at the front desk that was fast and efficient. She was so nice. We stayed in a jacuzzi suite on the second floor. When we walked into the room we were extremely surprised. It was very nice! Great, modern furniture and carpet and the jacuzzi tub was very clean. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were soft and comfortable! Room had all necessary amenities, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, iron & board, blow dryer, flat screen tv with shaw cable... Room had a work desk area which was a nice size and convinient for my husband. Wifi worked great! The bathroom was nice, with a stand up shower, lots of counter space and was very clean. The jacuzzi worked great and was clean and comfortable for two. We really enjoyed it after 8 hours of driving. The room really was spotless! It was cleaner then most luxury 5 star hotels we normally stay in. There it not a restaurant in the hotel, although they do serve a free continental breakfast with lots of choices, scrambled eggs, sausage, toast, muffins, cereal, fruit, fresh waffles, juice, coffee... They also have some snacks and little lunch items available for purchase behind the front desk. Only suggestion there is maybe some fresh sandwiches from one of the local shops available for purchase? Would be nice. There is an a&w on the other side of the parking lot. The pool area is very nice, big water slide and the area is clean and comfortable. The service here is fantastic! I called the front desk for a few items and within 2 minutes someone was at my door with them with a huge smile and asking if there was anything else I needed! Great service always with a smile:). There is lots of parking and surely room for an rv if you are traveling that way. And the best part, the room was $119 a night! That's less then we normally spend on breakfast at a fairmont! Great deal for a room that I would actually spend $200+ for! Only suggestion for room is maybe a few more towels for the jacuzzi suite! Over all, we really enjoyed our stay! We actually had a great time! We will definitely return while in the area! I will be recomending to all friends and family and so will my husband! I actually want to spend another night! :). Thank you super 8, for making our stay comfortable and enjoyable! See pictures attached of the suite!

• Stayed April 2013
Winnipeg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

I travel here for work about 4 times a year. I started staying at the comfort inn and then found out about this one.

Much cleaner, nicer hotel. The staff are friendly as well. Nothing overly amazing but its a good place to stay.

The only problem I had was the water pressure is terrible - took me forever to wash conditioner out of my hair, but its hit or a miss with any hotel really.

Breakfast isn't great - some fruit would be nice though - I didn't eat much and the second day I just went to Tims.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Wendy B, General Manager at Super 8 Kapuskasing, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your comments about the Kap Super 8 . I'm not sure of time of your stay but recently we have added a complimenatry Hot Breakfast served daily ! I also noted that you had a issue with the water pressure,please report any issues with your stay to my staff so that we can address them immediately . Again thank you for your input and hope we can host your next stay when your in our area
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

The Team at the Super 8 Kapuskasing provided amazing customer service. I felt like I was more than a customer...more like family. Sue was amazing so helpful and friendly.

Pool and spa were a nice temperature and very clean, the whole hotet was very clean.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. Yes Sue is awesome ! She really gets the make the guests feel welcome , we strive to make all our guests stay a Super Stay. Hope to see you on your next stay!