“One guest's experience”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kapuskasing
NORTH BAY
“One guest's experience”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

On this trip I booked my stay online. Upon arrival the staff advised me that there was a better rate than the one I'd received online and immediately ammended my bill. That is great service. Breakfast is included and is very good offering a number of different options of hot and cold food.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Wendy B, General Manager at Super 8 Kapuskasing, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Being in the hospitaltily business we strive to ensure that your first expreience with us will be a SUPER one . I'm glad that my staff was able to provide that experience for you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Dryden, Canada
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed here for one night on a trip to the Toronto area. The hotel was directly on the highway and had ample parking as I was towing a large RV.The staff were very friendly and helpful..
The room was clean and nicely appointed.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone traveling in the Kapuskasing area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Wendy B, General Manager at Super 8 Kapuskasing, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with your stay at the Kapuskasing Super 8. We appeciate the postive feedback from our guests. Looking forward to hosting your next stay
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for four nights while visiting relatives. The room was very clean and well appointed. When we checked in the clerk asked if we had a room preference. We said 'quiet' and she gave us a room that met our needs on the top floor. My wife asked about the water slide since she was celebrating a birthday and wanted to try it out. The clerk offered to schedule a life guard so she could use it, but my wife told her that wasn't necessary. She'd just watch to see if it was open. Later that day we returned to the hotel and the clerk made sure to tell us that the slide was open. This was my wife's first water slide ride and she enjoyed it very much. It is nice to stay somewhere where the staff remembers you.

The breakfast was good. We did have one minor problem that we mentioned in a hotel survey, I was surprised that the hotel management followed up with an email to get more information to ensure they trained the staff properly.

I thank them for a very pleasant stay and for their understanding and appreciation of customer service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Arborg, Canada
Reviewed August 3, 2012

After a long day of travelling through heat and thunderstorms this was a welcome stop on my trip. The hotel room was one of the largest rooms I have ever stayed at, bigger than some suites. The bathroom designed to be wheelchair accessible was larger than some home's bedrooms. Bed was quite comfortable and a/c worked fine. Check in and check out both done quickly and efficiently. No decent restaurant near by but Thank God for that as I would never have found Thong La's restaurant otherwise. The downtown is built surrounding a pretty roundabout and park with a fountain and greenery so you really don't want to stay in the hotel all evening anyhow. As for the hotel I had one complaint is that my neighbours above me returned to their room after 11:30 with other people and woke me up with the television, their loud cheering and talking loud footsteps and that continued until after 12 sometime. More soundproofing between floors might help but its probably not a common enough problem for hotels to consider the noise between floors.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank arborgmadman
Tecumseh, Canada
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I am a regular to Kapuskasing. This is the newest hotel in the area. Clean, tidy, and up to date with a pool, exercise room and a continental breakfast that should appeal to everyone.
Located right on the main highway (#11), it is ideally located.
The rooms have all the amenities which include a desk, fridge, TV, coffee maker, and a clean comfy bed.
I also think it is the only hotel in the area with an elevator.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the back don't provide any view but are quiet. The front faces the highway and...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
wendyban, General Manager at Super 8 Kapuskasing, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for you kind words about our hotel We have recently celebrated our 3rd year of operation as always strive to make every guest stay Super !
Whitby Ontario
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I absolutely would recommend this hotel to anyone having to travel to Kapuskasing. It is new, clean and the customer service is the best. Check in was fast and efficient. Room was large with Fridge Microwave and coffeemaker. I was travelling for business so really appreciated the desk and the wireless internet. There is a large window making the room very bright and the window opens which is always a bonus in any hotel. There is a pool, waterslide and exercise room. The air conditioner is very quiet and I did not hear any external noises from hallway in my room. Again always a bonus in any hotel. The breakfast room is large and the there are plenty of choices. Well done Super 8. Thanks for a fabulous stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for you positive review. My staff and myself are always happy to hear that guest are satisifed with they stay .
Morinville, Canada
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed at the super 8 Kapuskasing while traveling through the area. We chose this hotel after having stayed at other ones in the city during previous trips.

The hotel is quite recent with modern furniture and a very comfortable bed. Although the Super 8 are usually "no frill," the pool area seems quite nice and the breakfast was good with a fair selection to chose from. A definite advantage was the guest laundry room.

Staff was very friendly throughout the stay. The only factor that made us decide on 4 stars is the hotel's location: it's at the city limits along the Trans Canada highway. Some may find the location convenient, but with little around other than a fast food joint, you need to get back in your car to get anywhere in town.

All in all, this is a great place to stay if you come with the expectations that this is a Super 8 hotel and don't expect anything too fancy. It's very clean, very comfortable and we will come back.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank canadianquebecer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kapuskasing
Comfort Inn Kapuskasing
#5 of 7 in Cochrane
Travelodge Kapuskasing
Travelodge Kapuskasing
#1 of 3 in Kapuskasing

Been to Super 8 Kapuskasing? Share your experiences!