“abrupt service, overpriced, not impressed”
Review of Elm Hurst Inn

Elm Hurst Inn
Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in Ingersoll
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Dining at the Elm Hurst restaurant is always an occasion to remember, whether you are celebrating with family and friends, catching up over our famous Sunday Brunch, or simply looking for a relaxing spot to enjoy a glass of wine and some top-notch cuisine. Savour locally-inspired menus prepared by Executive Chef Michael Davies and soak up the atmosphere of our nine private dining rooms. We can comfortably accommodate groups of up to 60 guests. Our large patio is open for al fresco dining days and nights during the summer months. Or enjoy an after dinner drink at our lobby bar. For restaurant reservations call 519.485.5321 x 8235 or 1.800.561.5321 x 8235
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have eaten there many times over the years, especially the wonderful Sunday Brunch; very disappointed this visit as the waiter didn't even introduce himself or the specials, minimal engagement with the group of 5. Restaurant was not busy. Food was very expensive and mediocre in taste. Presentation was nice. Ambience was excellent.

There are newer reviews for Elm Hurst Inn

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Eat in the dining room for a lovely lunch with great service and excellent food. The portions are good and not too big.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I were given a gift certificate for $60 for the Inn. I would have enjoyed their seafood buffet night but that would have been another $60. We opted for dinner and split 3 appetizers and a main. We had the Beef Tenderloin carpaccio which we both enjoyed. We then had a scallops app and a crepe with some type of cured ham filling app. I couldn't find much meat in the crepe app. We had a pork main dish which was very good. I enjoyed splitting each with my wife and having greater variety in our meal. The food was very good but the price was higher than I can get as good or better at some other area destinations. If they offered a groupon I might try it again. I gave it 3 $ signs in this review but it is pushing 4.

1  Thank MikeDown
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Excellent service!
excellent dinner!
Super excellent caramel bread pudding!
I had the roast chicken! It was yummy!!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a very good dinner at this lovely old Inn. My husband and I visited this restaurant after attending the theatre in Stratford. It was about a 40 minute drive, and helped to break up the long drive home. My husband had a salad and Sirloin Strip, and I had Prime Rib. Both were very good, though the service was a little slow. We both had dessert and coffee, and my husband had a beer with his meal.