“Excellent value for money- great stay”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ingersoll
Reviewed September 13, 2010

I stayed overnight on Sept 11 after attending a wedding. I had emailed the hotel manager about the previous review mentioning bed bugs. I received a prompt courteous reply and and verified that the hotel was pest free. I was offered a wedding rate for the night ($99) we booked.
I called and emailed again a few times to confirm that a few other couples would be joining us and they too were offered the same rate, with the manager herself taking the booking.

We didn't get in until almost midnight but were checked in by a friendly staff member, and in our room within five minutes. The room was clean, large, and had a mini fridge and microwave. We didn't use them, but it was a nice surprise. I find the water in Ingersoll very sulfur tasting, so since there is a fridge, bring along a few bottles of water in case the tap water isn't to your liking. I didn't use the pool but friends did and it was clean and well maintained. There is also a hot tub available.

Breakfast was free and it was the standard continental breakfast with cereal/toast/bagels etc , fruit coffee/juice, along with hard boiled eggs. A nice surprise was the waffle maker, my husband i both had a fresh hot waffle which was delicious. We didn't get much chance to use the hotel beyond showering and sleeping, but it was clean, the service was good and all the facilities worked (tv, bathroom, pool etc).

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed September 7, 2010

Check in was good and our room was on main floor, queen size bed with patio door looking towards the courtyard. Upon entering the room, it had a smell - similiar to a room that was once a smoking room. We had requested non-smoking and the front desk clerk verified this was a non-smoking room. The bed was hard, pillows were flat - no amount of fluffing would help these pillows. Stains on the carpets and couldn't get the wireless internet to work on our HP laptop. The towels were pretty thin and we didn't have a tub mat - asked but none were available.
Location was great - just off the 401 . There was a baseball team and a wedding party staying the same weekend and garbage and beer bottles littered the parking lot the next day. We felt this hotel had seen too many sport tournaments and needs updating.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2010

When I was reading the reviews of the other writers I wondered if this could be the same place.... my stay was awful and the room was not newly renovated as another reviewer wrote.
The TV was ancient and most channels were fuzzy, the wireless internet which was free wouldn't work on both mine and my husband's lap top (one Dell and one HP), the beds were super hard that left us a little sore after a nights sleep. The first room they gave us had a flooded bath tub that wouldn't stop running so they moved us to a different room.

For the internet, we did mention it to the front desk and she gave a number to call - but it didn't help the problem.

For the most part it seemed clean and large. We had a ground floor room with a sliding door to the parking lot which was convenient for taking our dog for walks.

However, every night I woke up with new bed bug bites. It started with 3 bites along my waist line that I thought were mosquito bites... then the next night I woke in the morning with three more bites at the back of my knee, and the last night I woke with another three bites on the side of my knee.

I didn't realize what they bites were until our 3 night stay was over and I was going home with 9 very itchy bed bug bites.... bed bugs are a huge concern and really difficult to get rid off... I was so worried about bringing these nasty blood suckers home... I immediately washed all of our laundry when I got home.

The comfort inn was spartan, uncomfortable, but spacious, the pool seemed clean, and breakfast was free... but the bed bugs are not worth the risk!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank horsesnaturally63
Kristyvkb, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. I certainly agree that comments which are posted on sites such as Trip Advisor are a very important tool when making decisions where to stay when away from home. However, I would like to take a moment to clarify and understand the concerns you had during your stay on August 27th.

Regarding the bites that could have easily been mistaken for bed bug bites, I can assure you that we take concerns such as this very seriously in light of the articles which have been in the media recently. It is very important that a serious concern such as this be brought to our attention immediately so the appropriate investigation and resolution could be completed. Unfortunately, this was not the case in this situation, as your concerns were not reported to anyone at our hotel during your stay or as you left. When this review was discovered on Trip Advisor, I immediately started to investigate and contacted Trip Advisor for more information so an attempt to contact the guest to obtain more information could be done. Unfortunately due to privacy laws, Trip Advisor was unable to give out any information nor were they able to contact the guest directly due to lack of contact information. I tried to follow the clues in the review and immediately started to check the whole first floor and then worked my way through the rest of the hotel inspecting rooms. No evidence of bed bug activity was found. Although we have never had any other complaints of this nature, I wanted to be sure that we checked every bed in the hotel. When no evidence was found, we decided to have our pest control company conduct their own inspection, which also resulted in no evidence found.

Regarding the television not working properly, unfortunately we were not notified of this problem. If we were, we would have definitely repaired the television right away or replaced it with another. At times, we have found that previous guests will try to remove the cables and attempt to hook up DVD Players or gaming devices which cause problems with the connection and affects the picture quality.

Regarding the complimentary WIFI, this has not been a common concern among our guests and I tested the connection with my HP laptop and was able to connect without delay. At times, computers have firewalls set up which will block the wireless access. This is why we recommend to our guests experiencing problems connecting to call the Internet service provider's toll free number so that the professionals can help you trouble shoot and get online faster.

The firmness of a bed is very much a personal preference, and most hotels furnish guest rooms with beds on the firmer side. We have received very few complaints from guests regarding our beds.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback, as it provides us with the information needed to correct problems and improve the service we extend to our guests. I would like to request that you contact me directly so your concerns can be discussed in more detail and additional information can be obtained to avoid similar issues from happening again. I can be contacted at the phone number below or by e-mail at comfortinn783@rogers.com.

Thank-you,

Kristy Van Kooten-Bossence
Comfort Inn & Suites Ingersoll
519-425-1100

Reviewed November 1, 2009

I came here with two kids on Hallowe'en. Not only did we receive an immediate kind welcome, but attention to the kids was over the top. The reception pulled out a local map and marked all the "good" areas for the kids to trick or treat. Hallowe'en candy was available for the kids.
Room was very clean.
Pool was exceptional. It's smaller, but warm and extremely clean and has an amazing spa/hot tub connected to it.
Breakfast was fantastic. Brand Name Cereals, waffles, eggs, toast/bagels of several kinds, juices, milk, coffee, and more. Kept clean and stocked.
Very close to Hwy 401 and there's plenty of restaurants in town within 3 km.
Staying in the area ... it's worth staying here.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2009

Had a one night stay as I was in town for a wedding. Room was clean and location is good as it is right off the highway. Other than sleeping the only things I did in the room was to watch television, shower and make coffee. The picture on the tv was so poor I didn't bother to watch. The shower tap was stripped so I really had to finesse it to get the shower on. The next morning when I went to make coffee there was no pot with the coffee maker.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed May 23, 2009

For convenience and location you can't beat it, it's right off the 401 and across from Cami Automotive. Room was clean, didn't have any problems in WiFi service. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. Biggest issue i had was shower wouldn't not turn on very easily. Threads were stripped on handle but staff was very willing to give me a room across the hall if I needed it. Breakfast was ok, continental was bare minimum of waffles, bagels and a few cereals. With Tim Hortons being next to the to hotel your better off going there. As for the "fitness center", there's obviously not much criteria to call it a fitness center. It had a treadmill and stairclimber, no TV, no weights.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2008

We were at this hotel as we needed one night to stay for a soccer tournament we had in london.When we got to the hotel check in was fast and plesent. When we got in the room everything looked nice and the beds looked comfortable and the furniture looked first class.The only upset was the pool as it is kind of small. We wnet to sleep but was bothered because of some in mature baseball team that was drunk at talking very loud and having a party. We woke up very un happy as we did not get that good of a night's rest but either then the noise the hotel is pretty up scale and would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ingersoll
Elm Hurst Inn & Spa
#1 of 3 in Ingersoll
Econo Lodge Woodstock
#2 of 6 in Woodstock
Westminster
Hampton Inn by Hilton London

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!