Elm Hurst Inn & Spa
Comfort Inn(Ingersoll)
Westmount Motel(Woodstock)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewssaladdining roomprime ribget awaybaconroast beefseafoodbeautiful roombeautiful groundslunch buffetsteam roompajama partypotatoesour waitercrepeswedding receptionmy sister
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 1, 2009

As a business traveller, I was looking for a nice quiet location and this delivered on that. It was quiet, clean basic accomodation.
The Inn caters to group events, which was disappointing because the lounge was not available for dining while I was there as private functions had taken over. The dining room was very nice, but a bit fancy for a solo traveller on a limited expense limit, so I had to travel town and eat.
FYI. this Inn is right beside the highway, and although no noise was heard, you are not close to anything else. You will need a car to go into town. the grounds are not extensive, I went for a walk and it was a short one.
Over all, it is a good decent room for the money.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank travelingcouple03
Reviewed May 2, 2009

We have had several parties at the Elm Hurst Inn.
The cooperation was exceptional (Debra MacArthur) as was the food and the service. Yes, they are busy, but, isn't that the sign of a great place?
Pricey - take a look at what you're getting. The food, the ambiance, the quality, and the setting is so traditionally Victorian.
We have since attended many times for different brunches and occasions.
NEVER dissatisfied. Can't wait to go back! An exceptional place.

• Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed April 1, 2009

I had stayed at the Elmhurst Inn last month , upon arrival we found out there would be a five hundred dollar (on top of the ridiculous rates being charged already) deposit added to my credit card in case we smoked or "didn't abide by the hotel code". I didnt think much nof it and gave them my card, i dont smoke nor did i damage the room. A couple weeks later i received a letter and the visa receipt for $500.00 stating that I did not abide by the code saying that there was a "broken picture". this was simply not true. I immediateley called the hotel manager and left a message on her voicemail voicing my concerns and did not even receive a call back. Save yourself the grief and money STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank GraymanStThomas
Reviewed March 31, 2009

We actually were disappointed with our visit to the Elm Hurst Inn at the beginning of March, 2009. From what we could gather, we were one of the only guests at the inn but we were still placed in a room in the basement with glass blocks for a window. It felt a lot like a dungeon. We were not even able to enjoy the view of the beautiful property, and I’m not sure what we would have done if there was a fire. Also, while we like vintage stuff, there were things in the room that were just plain old and dated. While the bed wasn’t horrible, it did not meet my expectations of what a bed should be at an Inn and Spa. The previous two nights, we stayed in a Jacuzzi Suite in a hotel in London, ON. The room was much bigger, newer and more luxurious and the bed was fantastic! And it was MUCH cheaper at $60 less per night. We regret now that we didn’t just stay there for a third night. Breakfast at the Elm Hurst Inn was good, but definitely not worth the $60 price difference. Unfortunately, we waited at least 10 minutes before someone came out to seat us for breakfast. Combine being placed in the basement and the inn being almost deserted, we had a very eerie feeling, like we were caught up in some time warp.
We did not use any of the spa services so we have no comment on that.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gleams
Reviewed March 7, 2009

We stayed at the Elm Hurst Inn in February of 2009. Our accommodation was a very large suite with a huge sitting area but small, plain bedroom. The decor in the main room was lovely, but the bedroom was definitely an after- thought. There was a two person Jacuzzi in the room as well. The room was clean and the service at the front desk, spa and restaurant were excellent.

The common areas are run down and there is no pool, there are no tennis courts, there are no real outdoor activities to speak of. If you were coming here in the summer, that may be an issue.

The spa was delightful. I had a manicure and pedicure and we also had an in room massage for two. All services were excellent, but the massage for two is over-priced and so I would recommend the massage in the spa instead (much more reasonable).

The dining room is charming and the food is surprisingly delicious and varied. The wine list includes local vintages as well as old world wines, all at reasonable prices.

Overall, I would go back if there was a package deal, but would only stay in a suite, as I noticed that standard rooms looked run down and small, whereas the suites (at least the one we were in) were updated and clean. Also, I would continue visiting the Elm Hurst only during off-peak times, as the front desk is under staffed, and during a busier times of year, I imagine you would have to wait quite a while to check-in.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple