My boyfriend and I stayed here for a romanic weekend. The outside of the building and the property is georgous. We arrived at around 8:30 p.m. and the building was illuminated with lights. It was very pretty. However, we felt disapointed by the inside. Our room was not as luxurious as we expected. We expected plush comfort but found that the bed, pillows and sheets were old and needed to be replaced. Although we appreciated the antiques, the decor was not elegant, it was more mishmashed.
There is not much to do in the area but our plan was to just relax and enjoy each others company so it was great for that. During the day we went for a walk on the grounds. There is a walking trail behind the building. The snow was frozen so we could walk comfortably without sinking in. We saw a few rabbits. Afterwards we enjoyed warming up in the jucuzzi in the spa.
We had dinner in the dining room. My boyfriend enjoyed his prime rib but my top sirloin was just okay. We ordered a side of sauteed mushrooms and they were fantastic. We also had the maple syrup creme brule for dessert and we both agreed that it was the best creme brule that we had ever had.
Later at night, after dinner, we had a couples massage in our room. The massage was excellent and very relaxing. However, we noticed that the spa towels were old and needed to be replaced.
We found every staff member to be extremely friendly and helpful (reception, wait staff, spa staff). I was woken up at 1:30 a.m. by loud people in the hall (they had been attending a wedding at the inn). I called reception and they sent someone up immediately. I was hardly back in bed before someone was asking them to be quiet. I appreciated their prompt attention.
All and all, we enjoyed our stay but felt that the inn needed to be updated (beds, bedding and towels) and the rooms (lounges, etc) need to be redecorated, keeping the antique/traditional feel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located an hour west of Toronto and a short drive from London and Woodstock, this 49 room Inn and Victorian Mansion Dining room sits on 33 acres of countryside, just off Hwy 401. Comfortable guest rooms, renowned cuisine, attentive service, private dining rooms, elegant reception spaces and beautiful grounds have made Elm Hurst Inn & Spa a popular destination for getaways, celebrations and corporate events. Enjoy extra pampering at our on-site Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Elm Hurst Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elm Hurst Hotel Ingersoll
- Elm Hurst Inn And Spa
- Elm Hurst Inn & Spa Ingersoll, Ontario