“Amazing food!”

Elm Hurst Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ingersoll
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We ate here tonight as we were doing a tour for our wedding to see the venue. The food was probably the best I have ever had in my life! Everything was fresh and tasted amazing. I would totally go again! You could really tell that the cooks took pride in their dishes they were making. Even the atmosphere in the restaurant was nice. I loved the classic decor in each of the rooms. It was an overall great dinner experience. The waiter we had was really friendly and was good at coming when needed and didn't bother us too much as well which was really nice for a change. I would love to try to stay here overnight as the rooms looked amazing as well!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Elyseyy

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have hosted a quilting retreat at Elm Hurst Inn for the past 9 years. I wanted a place that is clean, good food, good location, our own sewing room, and affordable. I've researched several places but Elm Hurst was the one that offers all of the above.
I have recommended Elm Hurst Inn to friends who are looking for a special place for a special occasion.
I can't say enough about the service I've experienced over the past 9 years.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Joan P
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Horrible experience went for a wedding and arrived at 12:30 expecting to be able to check in and get ready for the ceremony, we were rudely told that we could not check in until 3 (when the wedding started at 3) we were told it was going to be $130 for the night then when we got there that it was $150! food was terrible the staff were all rude and would cut right in front of us while we were talking (not 1 staff member said excuse me) then after we left they put a hold on my credit card for $200 after I paid with debit! We had an absolutely horrid experience and will never be staying there again!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Tieha-Jean P
ElmHurstInnkeeper, Public Relations Manager at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Tieha-Jean P,

Please allow me to address your concerns. It is clearly stated on our website that check-in is at 3 pm. We are happy to allow early check-in when rooms are available, but unfortunately this wasn’t the case on the day of your stay as we were fully-booked the night before.

We are proud of our chef, culinary team, and banquet staff who have made Elm Hurst a preferred event destination for more than two decades. If something is not satisfactory, we appreciate being notified during the meal so it can be corrected.

All guests’ credit cards are pre-authorized for the estimated amount of their stay, which is a common practice in the hotel industry. At check-out, guests may choose to pay by some other method, but the credit card company keeps the hold on the card for about 5 business days – not the Elm Hurst.

Elm Hurst staff & management strive to provide excellent service to all our patrons and to address issues in a professional manner, and we thank you for your comments.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I recently spent a long weekend at Elm Hurst on the suggestion of some friends. The hotel and grounds are well maintained and our suite was beautiful. We stayed in the Duke of York suite and found it very comfortable and tastefully decorated. The food at the restaurant for dinner was fantastic. We left it up to the chef to determine our courses and we found everything that he sent out just wonderful! My wife took in a spa treatment and found the staff to be very knowledgeable. A couple of points to consider, the resort is setup primarily for events and weddings with multiple banquet halls. The Inn does not have many recreational amenities like pools or tennis courts but does offer a walking trail through the woods. Also the Inn does not offer a proper bar. Drinks can be had with dinner but they do not have a bar area to have pre or post dinner drinks. Ingersoll is a small town that is a 5 minute car ride away. The Inn can call you a taxi if needed but not much to do in town. We took one day and drove up to Niagara Falls which is less than 2 hours away. All in all if you are looking for a quiet and high end place to stay that is strategically located close to Stratford, Niagara and Toronto, this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Room was comfortable ;the rate was reasonable ;the grounds are lovely ;bed was comfortable. Shower head interesting - one of those rain heads ; water pressure was not great and seemed to fluctuate. Seems very geared to weddings and all that goes with them. Close to the highway so great place to stop as a halfway point.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I just had my first experience eating at the Elm Hurst. Have always wanted to go. Soooo, I won't be back. Glad someone else was paying for my first time. I feel, for the quality and quantity of the food, it is way over priced. I had the roasted chicken and I don't know how anyone can charge almost 30 for a quarter chicken. Yes it was cooked nicely but really is not worth this I have made just as good at home. So I guess you are really paying for the new renovations and the beauty of where the Elm Hurst is, they do have beautiful grounds. All in all I won't go back. If I am going out in the future for a good dinner will probably pick some place else for those special occasions.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
ElmHurstInnkeeper, Public Relations Manager at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Dear 519sisters,
The Elm Hurst Inn & Spa is a well-known fine dining restaurant. Our Executive Chef uses only the freshest, locally-sourced ingredients. I believe you must have ordered the Skillet Roast Chicken Fromage filled with zucchini, thyme & cream cheese, with Swiss Roesti, roasted garlic, and a Chardonnay Rommery Mustard Sauce. I am glad you enjoyed our beautiful grounds and Victorian mansion.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I was given a gift card for my birthday to have a Therapeutic massage and a mani/pedicure.... It was my first experience in a spa of this kind. The sounds and smells!! So relaxing! The staff were kind and helpful not to mention so friendly! I was so impressed by my first visit that I went home that night and called back and booked myself in for a facial the next day! I had the same girl who had worked her magic on my feet and hands the day before... She was so sweet! Walking me through my first facial... I was in heaven! Although I have yet to stay at the Inn or eat in their restaurant, I plan to in the future! The grounds at this Inn are so grand with fountains and beautiful trees and flowers everywhere! Truly, a little part of paradise!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Suzanne L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ingersoll
Idlewyld Inn & Spa
#1 of 41 in London
Comfort Inn
#2 of 3 in Ingersoll
Central London
Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries

Been to Elm Hurst Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!