“Great get away spot!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ingersoll
Calgary, Canada
“Great get away spot!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

We had a fabulous room with a modern bathroom-very clean. Dinner was amazing with great sized portions and wonderful service. Our trip to the spa was relaxing and peaceful. The staff was very professional in the spa, restaurant and at the front desk. All of our needs were met and exceeded thanks to the general manager Alon Gurman--it was a very special time away!! I will recommend the Elmhurst Inn to all my friends visiting southwestern Ontario! Beautiful!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank CalgaryGirl1234

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
London, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

We wanted to celebrate my mom's 65th birthday party and we originally thought we should try to book a spa weekend in Niagara on the lake. After attending the 140th birthday open house for the inn, we decided to book a weekend there. What a wonderful choice!!! We had the most beautiful stay. The spa was peaceful and inviting with the staff being very warm and friendly. They did a great job on our manicures and pedicures. I have been to alot of different spas and the one at the Elm hurst is top notch. The accommodations were beautiful and the grounds outstanding with the ample trees and multiple gardens and flowers. The staff were very professional and went out of their way to ensure that all of our needs were met. Theresa Pinkerton, sales manager, inquired about upgrading us to a modern exquisite suite. Alon Gurman, general manager, went out of his way to make our stay a memorable one. The restaurant was very relaxing and the staff very prompt and friendly. It is set in the original home of the family that owned the Elm hurst. It has an eclectic feel about it. The food was beyond words. Everyone of our dishes was delicious with large serving sizes. We were impressed with everything we ate from the appetizers to the fabulous dessert! We continued to celebrate by having drinks on the relaxing patio. The inn was hosting two weddings that weekend and you would not known it. We felt like we were the only guests there. It was so quiet and relaxing.The buffet breakfast in the morning was wonderful with a lot of attention to detail even down to the small jars of jam that they put out for the guests. We left feeling refreshed and satisfied. I would highly recommend the inn to anyone coming from near or far. We were treated like royalty and would go back without any reservations. I have recommended the experience to everyone I know!!!! Thank you to all of the staff at the Elm Hurst and to Shmuel Farhi for making my mom's birthday one to remember!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank chiromom3
Innerkip, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

My husband recently surprised me with a surprise stay at Elm Hurst for my birthday! Although the first room we were given had a horrible stale odor of paint fumes due to 'recent renovations' and was extremely hot due to the west facing sunny windows which had no window coverings put back up on yet (?!?), I have to say that Jesse working the front desk was very understanding and seemed happy to move us to an alternate room. Although it was inconvenient to have to move rooms a couple of hours after arriving, our new room was absolutely fantastic and we were happy they had an alternate room to offer us! We really appreciate and compliment Elm Hurst (Jesse) for their front desk customer service practice and standards!
We also ate dinner and breakfast on property and I would have to agree with the review ahead of me who commented on 'Lackluster Service' as far as the restaurant service was concerned. For 5 star dining I have come to expect the 'little extras' including taking appetizer plates away before dinner plates arrive as well as taking the dinner plates away before dessert plates etc. At breakfast it was hard to find a server to request a coffee refill, so why not just leave the carafe on the buffet table for guests to help themselves?
The dinner appetizers (we enjoyed a few!) were all above average and fantastic in freshness, taste, and presentation and was an enticing start to our dinner experience! My dinner (prime rib) was cooked to my liking and tasty however, I could tell it had been sitting under heat lamps prior to reaching our table and everything was 'warm' at best. The meat and veg all had a dried out crust on top but was brought back to life when I flipped everything over, refreshing it in the au jus on my plate! I also ordered a side of garlic shrimp to accompany my beef but it also had sat too long prior to reaching our table creating a wilting mess of greens underneath oil covered, yet dried out shrimp. I most certainly would not suggest the shrimp! Unfortunately, our server did not return to ask us how we were enjoying our meal until we were finished :( Desserts were fantastic! Decadent and fresh, almost hard to resist one (or two) to go!
Overall a nice overnight escape and a wonderful surprise from my thoughtful husband! As far as some of the 'down sides' we experienced goes, perhaps just an 'off night' for Elm Hurst but without constructive critique, how can they improve?
The property itself is absolutely gorgeous with plenty of nature, walking trails, waterfalls and gazebos to relax in ... a real treat to enjoy in itself!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank J G
Port Burwell, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

My husband and I live in the area and therefore had never stayed at the Elm Hurst before. We decided on the Elm Hurst to celebrate my birthday weekend. What a lovely get away not far from home. We were upgraded to a suite that was roomy, modern and luxurious. After enjoying massages in the spa we relaxed in the hot tub and sauna. Dinner was absolutely delicious right down to dessert including excellent service. The grounds were beautiful for an after dinner stroll with fountains and ponds to enjoy. Overall we had a wonderfully, relaxing evening at the Elm Hurst Inn and would certainly recommend it to anyone.

2 Thank Grund_12
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Elm Hurst on the night of our 20th anniversary and were very impressed by the whole experience.
The Inn is just completing a major renovation and our room seemed like it had been completed very, very recently. The bathroom was beautiful with a great walk-in shower and the room had new carpet, new linens and a flat-screen TV.
Made use of the newly renovated spa, including steam room, spa and massage - all top notch. Dinner was incredibly tasty and well presented if perhaps a fraction over-priced - our server was courteous, knowledgeable, friendly and non-intrusive.
Breakfast in the morning was standard buffet fare but was plentiful and hot.
Checking in and out was efficient, professional and friendly.
We quite liked the property - we got lucky for April in that the weather was beautiful so we were able to stroll the grounds in the morning. We were amazed by all of the fountains and water-features on the property - it's worth going there just for that alone.
I would (and have) recommended the Elmhurst to anyone. We have been driving past it on the 401 for years and were very happy we finally decided to stay a night.

2 Thank Aprguy
ElmHurstInnkeeper, Public Relations Manager at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Dear Aprguy,
We are also glad that you finally decided to pull off Hwy 401 to stay the night! Thanks for choosing Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, and we hope to host you again soon.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

This Inn was charming and the guestroom was tastefully decorated with a semi-vaulted ceiling. It was under renovations when I visited but will be finished for the May 4 grand reopening. The ballroom was beautiful with chandeliers and windows overlooking the grounds. I would recommend the Prime Rib and Yorkshire Pudding at Dinner. All the seperate dining and conference rooms made the Inn very quaint and cozy. I will be returning to the Inn again. It also is very close and with easy access from the highway.

Room Tip: Third floor had a good view
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dear Gypsetter49,
We are glad you enjoyed your retreat at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa. Thank you for sharing your comments.
toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Elm Hurst for a weekend away, expecting charm and relaxation. We had the breakfasts, a dinner, and enjoyed a couple of the spa services. Everything was fine, but the inn was lacking the attention to detail and good service etiquette that we would have expected for this price.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear jld,
I'm sorry that our service and etiquette did not meet your expectations. If you had provided more detail I would have been happy to share your concerns with our staff. We value customer feedback and thank you for choosing Elm Hurst Inn & Spa.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ingersoll
Idlewyld Inn & Spa
#1 of 41 in London
Comfort Inn
#2 of 3 in Ingersoll
Hotel Metro
#4 of 41 in London
Central London
Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries

Been to Elm Hurst Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!