“Wow!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ingersoll
Pickering, Canada
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

What a transformation. The Elm Hurst Inn has gone from 'Country' to 'Classic Elegance'. I have been a corporate client with the Elm Hurst for more than 15 years and earlier this year when I heard that some renovations where being done I was anxious to see them. On a recent stay with my husband I took the time to enjoy the fountains, manicured lawns and gardens on what was a perfect weekend away. And I can't say enough about our room, it was gorgeous. Thanks to all of the staff, housekeeping, front desk, dining room, and the Sales Manager all attentive, pleasant and welcoming. Can't wait to return, whether on business or pleasure.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JenD1953
ElmHurstInnkeeper, Public Relations Manager at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, responded to this review, October 15, 2011
Dear JenD1953,
It's wonderful to hear feedback from a long-time corporate client and guest. I am glad you and your husband were able to enjoy a weekend away and experience all the great changes at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
ontario,canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

My husband had planned a birthday/anniversary surprise for me for the beginning of September. Although he booked late he was surprised we were able to get a room on the holiday weekend. I know why. Our room was way at the back of the hotel across from the housekeepers closet and although the windows in our room were block glass, we could hear the cars in the parking lot. Fine whatever it was a room, I guess. I think they actually put the room together the day we arrived. There was alot of mis-matched furniture, stains on the rug, curtains and I won't mention the bathroom and tub. The queen sized bed perfectly resembled a double and the jacuzzi tub in our room, would actually spray all over the room instead of in the tub because it was so unlevel. The good thing is we were close to the spa so it was a short walk. Unfortunatly that was the only thing close, except the back parking lot. We were able to see the renovations occuring, in fact I think every other room on the floor we stayed on was being renovated. The new rooms look beautiful. Again unfortunatly we probably paid just as much for our horrible room at the end of the hall as people paid for the nice newly renovated rooms.
The grounds were beautiful I can see why couples go here to get married,in fact there were 3 weedings the weekend we were there.
The spa was fantastic.
The restaraunt, breakfast buffet was ok. For two of us goingto eat it was uncomfortable because all the tables were set up for large groups. So we sat at a table for 8 oh well. Dinner was good our waiter was very efficient!
I think next time my husband plans a surprise trip for me he is going to do more research.
I think for the money we spent, there are way nicer Inns in south western ontario to stay.

Room Tip: A renovated room
3 Thank northener007
Dear northerner007,
Thank you for your comments. The September long weekend was indeed a busy time at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa. As you noted, our guest rooms are being renovated; the work will be complete by early November. I am glad you took the time to enjoy our spa and dining room and I hope you will return for another weekend away. I am sure our new rooms will not disappoint.
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

Very beautifull place the grounds are very well keept,the dinner buffet on sundays is amazing

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank miha55
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

We had our wedding at the Elm Hurst Inn (ceremony, photos, reception and stay) in September, and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. Right from our very first meeting last year with the General Manager, the Events Coordinator and the Banquet Manager, all the way up to our special day, we were treated like family, and wanted for nothing. The Events Coordinator was absolutely amazing, always had the time to chat with me, and assured me that there was no such thing as a "stupid question." On the day of our wedding I didn't have to worry about anything! The ceremony space, the dining hall --- everything, was taken care of! They did the set up and centre pieces, delivered the flowers, set up the placecards, all of the little things that are time consuming and taken for granted --- everything to perfection! I know many people who have been recently married and they were all shocked as to how much the Elm Hurst did for us!
The facility is beautiful, the grounds are stunning and the food was impeccable. The Inn has undergone some recent facelifts and the rooms and grounds are even more beautiful, while still maintaining their "old world charm." The day of our wedding was pretty well flawless, and much of the credit goes to the staff at the Elm Hurst. Our wedding photos are stunning and I couldn't imagine having better pictures at another venue. Our guests all gave us glowing feedback, and they all had a marvelous time. They all commented about how excellent the food was. Their chef is fabulous and the Banquet Manager touched base with us all throughout the evening to ensure everything was to our satisfaction.
The only thing we would change if we were to do it all again, would be that the day could last much, much longer. We were all sorry it had to end.
Another super huge thank you to everyone at the Elm Hurst for making our day unforgettable!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Mel S
Dear Mel S,
It sounds like your special day was picture perfect! Thank you for sharing your comments and beautiful photos.
Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at this marvelous establishment. From the onset we were greeted by highly professional and friendly front desk staff. Our room was immaculately clean, topped with stylish decor and countless amenities. We took the time to explore the well kept 33 acre, hotel grounds which boasted meandering creeks and gorgeous fountains. After our walk we visited the restaurant for a scrumptious meal. My husband had the prime rib, which he described as the "best prime rib of his life." I dined on the tiger shrimp and diver scallop linguine, which was full of flavor. Our server was very attentive and professional. After our delicious meal, we were pleased to find ourselves able to enjoy a solid nights sleep in our comfortably plush bed. We awoke to see stunning vistas, and topped our stay with a premium breakfast. We were graciously informed that the hotel is now under new management, and has undergone a number of renovations- which obviously contributed to our enjoyable stay, in what felt like a 5 star hotel. Thanks again Elm Hurst! From, Maria & Jose

Room Tip: Stunning panoramic views, and luxurious jacuzzi in the Lord Cumberland room!
2 Thank thinkwise001
Dear Maria and Jose,
Thank you for your very gracious feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting you the next time you are in the area!
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

I stayed here last December over the Christmas holidays with my husband. And I have to say, it was truly below average in all areas of this Inn.

The property is dated, seriously needs an overhaul in the the main rooms and the bedrooms. The linens in our rooms were so old and the carpet has seen better days. I understand the property is old, but it shouldn't feel old and ragged. The fixtures in the room and bathroom were aged and dated but not nice antiques either.

The SPA is the smallest SPA I have ever seen thus far. Though they advertise they use AVEDA products, which is true, but that is the only redeeming fact in this spa. The hot tub and steam room is right in the lobby area. this is due to the lack of space in this spa. The treatment rooms are tiny, I almost felt claustrophobic in there. The massage therapist we had was excellent though and the service from the receptionist in the spa was friendly and warm.

The front desk made a huge error in charging us twice, we found out on our Visa statement a month after and had to deal with them in correcting this.

The dining room was ok, I think the dim lighting and the candlelight helped the aging property. The food was better then average though, but not 5 stars.

I think it's hard to please everyone, we all have different tastes, styles and standards. So if you want to find how to gauge the reviewers' relativity, you should read more then one of their reviews to find the level.

I would only give the property a 2 star, but the food and the service of the staff elevated it to 3 stars. My husband has not visited as many Inns and Spas as I have, but had to agree that he wouldn't recommend on going back unless their was a major renovation.

Hope this helps!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KittyTranSenko
ElmHurstInnkeeper, Public Relations Manager at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Dear KittyTansSenko,
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to tell you that there have been a lot of changes at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa since your visit in December 2010! The Inn itself has indeed undergone major renovations inside and out, including a complete overhaul of our Inn rooms and bathrooms. We also have a wonderful new General Manager.
I am glad you enjoyed your treatment in our intimate Aveda Spa, and your meal in the mansion restaurant.
Thank you for staying with us last December and I hope you will stop by on your next trip down Hwy 401 to see our fresh, new look.
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

We just had our wedding at the Elm Hurst (service, photos and reception). What a fabulous facility and the staff was second to none. The food meal chosen was exceptional and we have received many comments on how good it was. The service staff could not do enough to please the guests, and did so with a smile. Rooms were comfortable and very clean. We used the wedding coordinator at the Elm Hurst to assist us with our big day, and everything could not have been better. The Banquet Manager was wonderful, and checked in with us throughout the evening to make sure all was to our satisfaction. Overall a very favorable experience and we will be returning back to enjoy any other special occasions.

3 Thank Slasher40
ElmHurstInnkeeper, Public Relations Manager at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Dear Slasher40,
Thank you for choosing Elm Hurst Inn & Spa for your special day. It sounds like you had a wonderful time, and we look forward to hosting you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ingersoll
Idlewyld Inn & Spa
#1 of 41 in London
Comfort Inn
#2 of 3 in Ingersoll
Central London
Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries
Hotel Metro
#3 of 41 in London

Been to Elm Hurst Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!